We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

ProgressStyle

Hi

Is it possible to change the ProgressBarAdv.ProgressStyle property dynamically ?? I am not able to do that. Any pointers on this would be appreciated

Thanks!!

5 Replies

AR Anupama Roy Syncfusion Team July 26, 2006 07:16 PM UTC

Hi Sagittarian,

You can handle the progressBarAdv1_ValueChanged event inorder to change the ProgressStyle dynamically.

Please take a look at the sample attached and let me know if you need furthur assistance.

Thank you for choosing Syncfusion products.

Regards,

Anu.

Sample57.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 26, 2006 07:38 PM UTC

Hi Anupama,

Thanks a lot. But that dint help much :(

We are having an options dialog which aims at allowing the user to change the Progress Style. If he changes the style say from gradient to tube in the Options dialog, it should change the progressBarAdv1.ProgressStyle. Is ProgressBarAdv1_ValueChanged the only way to get access to the property ProgressStyle ??

AR Anupama Roy Syncfusion Team July 27, 2006 07:20 PM UTC

Hi Sagittarian,

You can overcome this problem by doing certain changes in the accessibility of ProgressBarAdv.

Consider you have Form1 and Form2.Form1 contains ProgressBarAdv and Form2 is made as the OptionDialog.

First, declare an object at the top of your form,the form you want to access data from:

public static Form1 frm1Object;
public static Form2 frm2Object;

And then in the void main on the same form, make new objects and pass in the frm1Object:

static void Main()
{
frm1Object = new Form1();
frm2Object = new Form2();
Application.Run(frm1Object);

}

Now, if you want to access ProgressBarAdv from Form2(Options Dialog), then make ProgressBarAdv public static on Form1.

public static Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.ProgressBarAdv progressBarAdv1;

And to do something on ProgressBarAdv from OptionsDialog,do as follows.

Form1.progressBarAdv1.ProgressStyle =Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.ProgressBarStyles.Tube ;

Please take a look at the sample atached for your reference.

Thanks,

Anu.

ProgressBarForum.zip

KE kelvin August 10, 2006 09:00 AM UTC

Give me an alternate solution.This is totally waste.Its not working in 2005 RTM

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 11, 2006 11:03 AM UTC

Hi Kelvin,
I had implemented the same task in 2005 RTM but, I did not find any problem. Please look at the attached sample that has been implemented in 2005. Please let me know if you have any further queries regarding this.

Regards,
Velmurugan E.

ProgressBarForums.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon