We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Sorting problem

Ver3.3.0 GGC
I have a form with GGC.
I use following code to setup pickup list columns:
this.gdBase.TableDescriptor.Columns[ColumnName].Appearance.AnyRecordFieldCell.CellType ="ComboBox";
this.gdBase.TableDescriptor.Columns[ColumnName].Appearance.AnyRecordFieldCell.DataSource=dvLookUp;//tbLookup;
this.gdBase.TableDescriptor.Columns[ColumnName].Appearance.AnyRecordFieldCell.DisplayMember=lookup_desc;
this.gdBase.TableDescriptor.Columns[ColumnName].Appearance.AnyRecordFieldCell.ValueMember=lookup_field;
this.gdBase.TableDescriptor.Columns[ColumnName].Appearance.AnyRecordFieldCell.ShowButtons=GridShowButtons.ShowCurrentCell;
this.gdBase.TableDescriptor.Columns[ColumnName].Appearance.AnyRecordFieldCell.HorizontalAlignment=GridHorizontalAlignment.Left;
//special cbobox allow free edit text besides pickup from list
if (ColumnName.ToLower()=="loc_from" || ColumnName.ToLower()=="loc_to")
{
// code to free-pick
this.gdBase.TableDescriptor.Columns[ColumnName].Appearance.AnyRecordFieldCell.DropDownStyle=GridDropDownStyle.Editable;
}
else
{
this.gdBase.TableDescriptor.Columns[ColumnName].Appearance.AnyRecordFieldCell.DropDownStyle=GridDropDownStyle.Exclusive;
}

The Grid displays the pickup list, show the description of the underline code value. But when I click the column''s header to sort the column, it sorts the column by the code value, not the description. I want to sort column by description (sorted by what user is seeing).
Any idea? Thanks.

Lan

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 26, 2006 04:47 AM UTC

Hi Lan,

Please refer this forum thread that shows how to get this working.
http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=39048

Let me know if this helps.
Best Regards,
Haneef

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 26, 2006 03:24 PM UTC

Thank you! I''ve read the samples and made my app work well now.

>Hi Lan,

Please refer this forum thread that shows how to get this working.
http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=39048

Let me know if this helps.
Best Regards,
Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon