We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Select whole column

Hi,

I have got a GGC. Now I want to select the whole column with a click on the columnheader. So my question is, where can I set the click event for the column header and how can I select the whole column programmatically?

Thanks for your help

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 26, 2006 05:41 AM UTC

Hi,

There are two types of selection modes available for GridGroupingControl. One is inherited from the GridControlBase and the other is record based selection, that is specfic to the GridGroupingControl. Refer to the KnowledgeBase(KB) article link below for more details on this.

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/grid/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=344

However, neither of the above mentioned selection modes will allow you to select columns. But TableControlCellClick event can be handled to do this. Below is the code snippet.

this.gridGroupingControl1.TableOptions.AllowSelection = GridSelectionFlags.Any; // Form_Load
ArrayList selectedColumns = new ArrayList();
private void gridGroupingControl1_TableControlCellClick(object sender, GridTableControlCellClickEventArgs e)
{
GridTableCellStyleInfo style = e.TableControl.GetTableViewStyleInfo(e.Inner.RowIndex,e.Inner.ColIndex)
if(style.TableCellIdentity.TableCellType == GridTableCellType.ColumnHeaderCell)
{
GridRangeInfo range = GridRangeInfo.Col(e.Inner.ColIndex);
range = range.ExpandRange(2, e.Inner.ColIndex, e.TableControl.Model.RowCount, e.Inner.ColIndex);
if(e.TableControl.Selections.Ranges.AnyRangeContains(range))
{
e.TableControl.Selections.SelectRange(range, false);
selectedColumns.Remove(style.TableCellIdentity.Column.Name);
}
else
{
e.TableControl.Selections.SelectRange(range, true);
selectedColumns.Add(style.TableCellIdentity.Column.Name);
}
}
}

Here is a sample http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/GGC_CompareData_d2e886a8.zip

To select a column programatically use the code below.
// selects first column...
this.gridGroupingControl1.TableModel.Selections.Add(GridRangeInfo.Cells(2,1,this.gridGroupingControl1.TableModel.RowCount, 1));

Let us know if you have any other questions.
Regards,
Rajagopal

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 26, 2006 10:17 AM UTC

Thank it works

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon