We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

row header event

I am dealing with a very large recordset for my grid (80,000 records). What I would like to do is pass the records back to my page in smaller groups. What my problem is, I would like to do the sorting at the server side before I return the data so I need to turn the sorting off but yet allow the user to click on a header to send an event for me to capture to sort. My questions are...how do I turn off the sort and what event is sent when a row header is clicked?

Thanks,
Sandy

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 25, 2006 01:02 PM UTC

Hi Sandy,

You can turn off the sorting through the code below,
this.gridGroupingControl1.TableOptions.AllowSortColumns = false

The TableControlCellClick event can be handled to capture an event when row header is clicked.

Let us know if you have any other questions.
Thanks for using Syncfusion Products.

Regards,
Rajagaopal

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 25, 2006 01:32 PM UTC

Thanks for you help but I am still having a problem. It appears that the TableControlCellClick is a tablecontrol item and the code I am writing is web based not windows forms..Can you please supply the event/arguments syntax?

Thanks again

>Hi Sandy,

You can turn off the sorting through the code below,
this.gridGroupingControl1.TableOptions.AllowSortColumns = false

The TableControlCellClick event can be handled to capture an event when row header is clicked.

Let us know if you have any other questions.
Thanks for using Syncfusion Products.

Regards,
Rajagaopal

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 26, 2006 02:58 PM UTC

Hi Sandy,

We have addressed your same query
here
. Please have a look and let us know if that helps

Thanks,
A.Sivakumar

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile