We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Licensing Issue

I''ve read through numerous licensing posts, and none of the solutions have worked for me.

I''m running Visual Studio 2005.

I installed Syncfusion Studio eval about 45 days ago. I eval''ed it for a couple weeks, but had to move on to another project. I loaded my project today today and saw that Syncfusion Studio had expired.

So I downloaded a new demo and received a new key. I uninstalled the expired version, and then installed the recent download. I entered the key that was given to me.

My project loads fine, and everything looks typical. I can build/rebuild/run the app-- no problem.

However, after I "Build -> Publish", and try to install the distribution, it appears that my application is trying to launch. I get a quick flash of my application, and then nothing.

Looking at the event viewer, I''m seeing reports of:

Generate Activation Context failed for C:\Documents and Settings\dsk1\Local Settings\Temp\Deployment\CMWPDZ3G.BH3\5G4OC021.B0V\BHYAQP1M.67X\RQT5YXCN.PTL.manifest. Reference error message: The operation completed successfully.

I''ve tried removing the license file and having it "fix" it when I "run" my app, I removed my "bin" folder, I''ve verified the license file has the correct content, etc.

Again, it works fine from within Visual Studio 2005. But, I want to show this little demo app to my boss and others on my team.

I was able to publish before the original demo expired.

Help.

8 Replies

DK David Kenzik July 25, 2006 01:22 PM UTC

An update:

This problem exists even when I start a new VS 2005 project.

Again, it runs fine from within Visual Studio. It''s after I publish, install and then try to run where the issue persists-- app doesn''t load.

DK David Kenzik July 25, 2006 02:14 PM UTC

Another update:

Installing Syncfusion Studio Demo on another machine (same demo download and demo code) yielded in success with the installation/running of a VS 2005 "published" app.

However, I need to get things cleaned up on my primary development machine so I don''t have the problem there.

Suggestions?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 25, 2006 07:03 PM UTC

I am making progress...

Now I can''t get my distribution to work on a machine that doesn''t have Syncfusion installed.

I''m only using Tools, and I have updated my reference settings to "Copy to Local" as true for the required assemblies, per the user documentation on distributing Syncfusion products.

However, Syncfusion.Core is NOT getting copied locally for publishing/deployment. It is the only one that isn''t getting copied, and thus, an install complains that it''s not available.

I''ve removed my license, recreated it, etc.-- nothing works. All assemblies except Core are being made available for deployment.

Please help. This has been a very painful evaluation. :-(

NR Nandakumar R Syncfusion Team July 25, 2006 11:59 PM UTC

Hi,

I regret for the inconvenience caused. I was able to reproduce the issue you have reported. This issue is being worked on, with high priority, by our developers and will be cleared at the earliest.

Please try this as shown below. The following steps are in the assumption that you are using the Syncfusion Essential Studio 4.2.0.37.

1) I have attached here a CopyCore.bat file, that copies the Syncfusion.Core from the precompiledasemblies folder to the project output folder. Copy this file to the ProjectDirectory(The folder where the project resides).

2) Open the project properties. In the BuildEvents tab, enter the Post-build event command line as,

call "$(ProjectDir)copycore.bat" "$(TargetDir)"

This will copy the Syncfusion.Core to the project output directory. Please refer the image attached.

Please try this and let us know if this helps.

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Essential Studio.

Regards,
Nanda

BuildEvent.zip

DK David Kenzik July 27, 2006 01:03 AM UTC

Well, knowing that this is an issue is good. At least I''m not insane.

The script certainly does what it is supposed to do, but it''s not helping me.

I''m using the "Publish" feature of VS 2005 (Build->Publish Project), and this script doesn''t help.

It WILL copy to the /bin folder of my project directory (which means I can manually publish it, I guess), but the Syncfusion.core dll is not prepped in the /bin/XXXX/publish folder like the other Syncfusion dlls are when I set "Copy to Local" as ''True''.

NR Nandakumar R Syncfusion Team July 28, 2006 01:11 PM UTC

Hi,

I regret for the delay in getting back to you on this issue.

I will get back to you before the end of the day.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Nanda

NR Nandakumar R Syncfusion Team July 28, 2006 09:48 PM UTC

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in this issue. I will update with a sample by Monday.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Nanda

NR Nandakumar R Syncfusion Team July 31, 2006 11:34 PM UTC

Hi,

You can achieve the application publishing with the help of the ''prerequisite approach'' inorder to solve this issue. With this approach, a new setup project, which will install the necessary Syncfusion assemblies in the GAC of the client machine, will be added to the solution and this setup project will be added as one of the prerequisites while publishing the application.

Once publishing this application, the Syncfusion assemblies will be installed in the target machine. There is no requirement for the bin folder to carry the assemblies.

Please refer the following forum thread that will help on this issue.

http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=39739

Thank you for your interest in Essential Studio.

Regards,
Nanda

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon