We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Quick Test Pro for EG 2.0

I am looking forward to using Essential TestStudio with Quick Test Pro. However, the application I''m testing now is still using Essential Studio 2.0, and we won''t be able to upgrade for about six months.

We have written custom servers for the basic grid functions, and they work. Now I need to include clicks in the main menu bar, which I believe is a BarControl_MainMenuBar object. For example, click on "Edit" to get a drop down list, then click on "Copy" from that list.

Has anyone had any experience in this area?

Merrill

4 Replies

MJ Mano J Syncfusion Team July 25, 2006 03:35 PM UTC

Hi Merrill,

The QTP support for Menus has not been implemented yet. We are currently working on adding this support.

I will let you know with more details once it is implemented. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Mano

MC Merrill Cornish July 25, 2006 09:01 PM UTC

Mano,

Thanks for your prompt response.

From your reply, it sounds like Menus are now yet supposed in Essential TestStudio. However, I''m still testing Essential Studio 2.0.

Can you tell me the control in 2.0 I would have to access to create my own record/playback code to make QTP recognize a 2.0 Menu Bar item?

I have a similar problem with not being able to record/playback clicks the 2.0 [x] icon to dismiss a tab of an Essential Grid grid.

Merrill

>Hi Merrill,

The QTP support for Menus has not been implemented yet. We are currently working on adding this support.

Regards,
Mano

ST stanleyj Syncfusion Team July 26, 2006 08:57 AM UTC

Hi Merrill,

>> I have a similar problem with not being able to record/playback clicks the 2.0 [x] icon to dismiss a tab of an Essential Grid grid.

Are you using the TabBarSplitterControl? If so the grid will not be recognized. We will try to get a solution for that. If the issue is anything other than this, can you give us more details on it?

Best regards,
Stanley

MC Merrill Cornish July 26, 2006 07:51 PM UTC

Stanley,

Thanks for your help.

The Object Spy gives the following hierarchy:

SwfWindow:
SwfObject: SwfObject
SwfWindow: TabHost_1
SwfObject: TabHost_1_Tab

The Swftypename of TabHost_1_Tab is Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.MDITabPanel.

In QTP, when I record a click on that [X] tab close button, it records the following single line:

SwfWindow().SwfWindow("TabHost").SwfObject("TabController").SelectTab -1

That command is what, after one Tab is closed, moves focus to the next tab to the left. The actual close action, however, is not recorded.

Can this be done in Essential Studio 2.0?

Merrill

>> Are you using the TabBarSplitterControl? If so the grid will not be recognized. We will try to get a solution for that. If the issue is anything other than this, can you give us more details on it?

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon