We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Corrupted window position in docking manager

Hello,

I am using the docking manager and persisting the window state when the application closes (loading it when the application restarts).

Sometimes, we have seen that the window state is corrupted, and we can reproduce the problem in our application by loading the window state from a corrupted computer.

On this particular instance, when we click on the floating window shown in the screenshot attached, we got a null-reference error. I''m including the call stack below.

So, the question is:
1. Any suggestions on where to start debuging?
2. Is there a way to detect a corrupted window state?

Thank you.

Raymond.

Call stack:
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockHostController.TransitDockToFloat()
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockHostController.ApplyDockInfo()
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.WhidbeyDragProvider.ProcessMouseMove(DockControllerBase controller, IDraggable ctrl, Point ptscreen)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockHostController.HandleMouseMoveImp(MouseButtons button, Point pt)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockHost.OnMouseMove(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseMove(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockHost.WndProc(Message& msg)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

screenshot2293.zip

7 Replies

JK Joy K George Syncfusion Team July 25, 2006 03:07 PM UTC

Hi Raymond,

Could you please let me know the version of Essential Studio and .Net Framework which you are using now? It will be helpful in further investigation.

You could handle the event DockStateUnavailable to check whether the DockState is corrupted or not.

Regards,
Joy

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 25, 2006 03:44 PM UTC

Hi Joy,

I''m using .NET framework 1.1 SP 1 and Syncfusion 4.2.0.37. We are planning to have a release by the end of this week, so if you could give us a work around that would be great.

Thanks.

Raymond.

MU Murugan Syncfusion Team July 26, 2006 10:25 PM UTC

Hi Raymond,

Sorry for the inconvinence caused. I was able to reproduce the issue and logged defect report regarding the same. We will address the issue at the earliest. Here is the link to trace the bug fix

Defect #2448 - DockingManager is not persiting the DockState of DockTabControl properly

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.

Regards,
Murugan P.S

RG Raymond Gunawan August 9, 2006 06:41 PM UTC

Hey Murugan,

I took a look at the defect page and saw that the issue was resolved with no code change.
Could you elaborate on that? How can we work around the issue?

Thanks.

Raymond.

JK Joy K George Syncfusion Team August 9, 2006 07:32 PM UTC

Hi Raymond,

We have recently changed the architecture of DockingManager to resolve some bugs related to dockstate persistence.This bug 2448 get fixed in that change.That is why it is marked as Closed-No code change.

You need to obtain a patch to resolve from the issue.We will be releasing a patch by middle of next week.
If you want a patch urgently, we are ready to give you the required dll which contains fix.

Please let me know your choice.
Regards,
Joy

RK Roman Konstnkevitch August 15, 2006 07:09 PM UTC

looks like this issue still exists in 4.2.0.60.
It''s happen 2 times today.

JK Joy K George Syncfusion Team August 16, 2006 02:54 PM UTC

Hi Roman,

The patch 4.2.0.60 doesnt contain the fix for defect 2448.We are now providing the fix through private patch only (required dlls).

It will be available in our next patch release.I will update you through this post when it is available.

If you want the patch urgently ,please create an direct-trac incident through which we could send you a private patch.

Regards,
Joy

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon