We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on : Nov 16th 2018).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

How do I cause a column to sort programatically in a GGC

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

46871 Jul 23,2006 03:18 AM UTC Jul 25,2006 06:34 AM UTC WinForms 3
Tags: GridControl
Bill Langlais
Asked On July 23, 2006 03:18 AM UTC

When I first bring a grid up and after I add data to one of its nested tables I want to sort the rows in the table I added data to based on the value in a specific column.

How do I do this?

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On July 24, 2006 04:44 AM UTC

Hi Bill,

Refer to the KnowledgeBase (KB) article link below, that helps in sorting columns programatically.

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/grid/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=149

Regards,
Rajagopal

Bill Langlais
Replied On July 25, 2006 02:16 AM UTC

Hi,

Thanks for the pointer. I have one question. If I add the sortingcolumn will it resort sort any time I add data? Do I need to keep adding it?

>Hi Bill,

Refer to the KnowledgeBase (KB) article link below, that helps in sorting columns programatically.

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/grid/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=149

Regards,
Rajagopal

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On July 25, 2006 06:34 AM UTC

Hi Bill,

Once you call the SortedColumns.Add() method, it creates a SortColumnDescriptor and adds it to the end of the SortColumnDescriptorcollection. You need not keep adding it, the sorting will be done accordingly for every change taking place.

Thanks,
Rajagopal

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;