We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

scrolling grid using cursor keys

Hi,

I have a grid grouping control with more than 1000 records in it,but when i scroll it using cursor keys(arrow keys).The grid gets locked for a while and after that we can again scroll it.
The same scrolling works fine if we do scrolling by mouse.

Is there any solution to it

Thanks & Regards
Ajay

5 Replies

AB Ajay Bhalegar July 21, 2006 04:02 PM UTC

Hi,

I found the cause of the problem
if we set ShowCurrentCellBorderBehavior property to GridShowCurrentCellBorder.HideAlways
then while scrolling we get the above mentioned problem.
Is this is a defect in grid grouping control

grid1.TableModel.Options.ShowCurrentCellBorderBehavior = GridShowCurrentCellBorder.HideAlways;

Thanks & Regards
Ajay

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 24, 2006 07:15 AM UTC

Hi Ajay,

We are able to see the mentioned problem here and will get back to you with more details on this soon.
Thanks for your patience.

Thanks,
Rajagopal

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 24, 2006 11:27 AM UTC

Hi Ajay,

You can workaround this problem by handling the CurrentRecordContextChange event of the gridgroupingcontrol. Here is the code snippet.

private void gridGroupingControl1_CurrentRecordContextChange(object sender, CurrentRecordContextChangeEventArgs e)
{
if(e.Action == CurrentRecordAction.EnterRecordComplete)
{
int row = e.Table.FilteredRecords.IndexOf(e.Record as Record);
if(this.gridGroupingControl1.TableControl.ViewLayout.HasPartialVisibleRows)
{
this.gridGroupingControl1.TableControl.CurrentCell.MoveTo(row + 5, this.gridGroupingControl1.TableControl.CurrentCell.ColIndex);
this.gridGroupingControl1.TableControl.ScrollCellInView(GridRangeInfo.Row(row + 5));
}
else
{
this.gridGroupingControl1.TableControl.CurrentCell.MoveTo(row + 4, this.gridGroupingControl1.TableControl.CurrentCell.ColIndex);
this.gridGroupingControl1.TableControl.ScrollCellInView(GridRangeInfo.Row(row + 4));
}
}
}

Let us know if you need any further assistance.
Thanks,
Rajagopal

AB Ajay Bhalegar July 25, 2006 11:45 AM UTC

Thanks Rajagopal
by your solution my problem is solved.

>Hi Ajay,

You can workaround this problem by handling the CurrentRecordContextChange event of the gridgroupingcontrol. Here is the code snippet.

private void gridGroupingControl1_CurrentRecordContextChange(object sender, CurrentRecordContextChangeEventArgs e)
{
if(e.Action == CurrentRecordAction.EnterRecordComplete)
{
int row = e.Table.FilteredRecords.IndexOf(e.Record as Record);
if(this.gridGroupingControl1.TableControl.ViewLayout.HasPartialVisibleRows)
{
this.gridGroupingControl1.TableControl.CurrentCell.MoveTo(row + 5, this.gridGroupingControl1.TableControl.CurrentCell.ColIndex);
this.gridGroupingControl1.TableControl.ScrollCellInView(GridRangeInfo.Row(row + 5));
}
else
{
this.gridGroupingControl1.TableControl.CurrentCell.MoveTo(row + 4, this.gridGroupingControl1.TableControl.CurrentCell.ColIndex);
this.gridGroupingControl1.TableControl.ScrollCellInView(GridRangeInfo.Row(row + 4));
}
}
}

Let us know if you need any further assistance.
Thanks,
Rajagopal

AB Ajay Bhalegar October 2, 2006 09:46 AM UTC

Hi,

Since i am using the grid grouping control at many places i always have to write above code to avoid the scrolling problem using cursor key

is it not possible to modify the syncfusion grid grouping control properties to handle this problem

Please let me know regarding it.

Thanks & Regards
Ajay

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon