We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

MultiColumnComboBox - Ordering columns in Grid

Hi,

I was curious if it was possible to order the columns that appear in the Grid popup of a MultiColumnComboBox.

In our case, the Grid is bound to a DataTable - so the columns appear in the order defined by the DataTable. Is there any way to show them in a specific order?

We want to allow our users to specify what order (and which columns) to show. We have already gotten the non-desired columns to be hidden, but I can''t seem to get them to re-order properly.

Thanks in advance,

Jonathan

1 Reply

AR Anupama Roy Syncfusion Team July 21, 2006 01:29 PM UTC

Hi Jonathan,

Currently I could not make this functionality work for a MultiColumnComboBox due to the limitations of the internal grid.I have done a sample that does column interchange for DataBoundGrid and this Grid is attached as the PopUpControl for a ComboDropDown control.

Please have a look at this and let us know your feedback about this.However one drawback I would like to point out is that,this will not do the AutoCompletion as you have in MultiColumnComboBox.

Sample

Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products.

Regards,

Anu.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon