We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Diagramming Capabilities

We are currently considering component options to allow us to add diagram display capabilities to our ASP.NET application.

We wish to display process/workflow diagrams (simple diagram sample attached for description purposes attached).

Our main requirments are:

1. The ability to specify networks of nodes i.e. not trees as seen in the Syncfusion layout samples, but the ability to define node relationships that split and merge - one to many, and many to one.

2. The ability to specify the node network and have it automatically laid out as in the attached sample. It is important that nodes having the same max dependency count (path length) are aligned.

3. Crossing of links to be avioded (where possible) when auto-layout is applied.

3. The ability to label nodes directly, and possibly display extended detail panels on mouse over (as seen with Dundas controls).

Thanks, Tim.

Process Diagram.zip

5 Replies

TL Tim Lloyd July 21, 2006 02:12 PM UTC

Any thoughts on my previous post?

I need to buy the XlsIO component very soon and would like to know if the diagram component would be suitabe for us, so that I can buy the full suite instead of individual components.

Thanks, Tim.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 24, 2006 06:22 AM UTC

Hi Tim,

We apologies for the delay in responding.

First we wish to thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.We are looking into your queries and will get back to you on this as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience.

Best Regards,
Meera.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 24, 2006 01:46 PM UTC

Hi Tim,

Thank you for your sample Image post.

As with your queries,if your intention is to create nodes as you have given in the sample image post, then you can achieve it by creating the symbols from the palette file using the LoadPalette(..) method by deserializing the file.Symbols created in such a way can be arranged as per your requirement.

Also, you can display the ToolTip text values when the mouse is moved over a symbol node.

I have created a sample implementing these features, please look into it.If I am wrong in getting your requirement could you please let me know of its details.

Thank for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Praveena.

DiagramCapabilties_sample.zip

TL Tim Lloyd July 26, 2006 03:20 PM UTC

Praveena,

Many thanks for your reply.

Your sample does indeed create an image very similar to the supplied sample, however, one of the requirements listed was that your component could facilitate the auto-layout of our network in the style presented in the sample diagram. The supplied code programatically positions each node individually, which is not what we need. We will not know the make-up of our node network bofore-hand, so the component must have strong auto-layout capabilities.

Does the component have the auto-layout capabilities as suggested in the original email?

Thanks, Tim.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 28, 2006 10:16 AM UTC

Hi Tim,

My apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

If your intention is to create a Layout of your own design,then you can go with this by sub classing Layout Manager class and create a CustomLayoutManager.We have demonstrated this feature in the OrgLayout (diagram.web\Samples\2.0\OrgLayout ) sample.kindly, refer the sample which would help you get an idea regarding this feature.

The OrgChartManager class is an implementer of the Essential Diagram Layout Manager functionality.We follow a very simple layout management algorithm that calculates the sub-employees associated with each employee and allocates space accordingly. More efficient management strategies may be used for better diagram layout.By this way you can control the layout of the nodes on the Diagram.

I hope this information will help you.Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Praveena.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon