We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Implement Custom Filter Bar

Hi,
how can I implement a custom filterbar that takes offers entries I define and add userdefined formulas or als have just a text that can be filtered.

Thanks
Tobias

7 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 20, 2006 09:34 PM UTC

Hi Tobias,

We are looking for possiblities of implementing the following in a sample i.e adding some additional custom entries in the dropdownlist, which includes custom formulas to the filter list and also will try to interpret it when the user selects them.

But I guess what you are in need is like adding support for something like a editable dropdownlist, if that is what the case again I am not sure on the possiblities on implementing this,

We will try to update you with a sample before tomorrow noon with a sample with addditional custom entries for dropdowns in filterbar cell. let us know if this is fine

Thanks,
A.Sivakumar

TH Tobias Hartmann July 25, 2006 04:28 PM UTC

Hi,
did you already find a solution.

Thanks
Tobias

>Hi Tobias,

We are looking for possiblities of implementing the following in a sample i.e adding some additional custom entries in the dropdownlist, which includes custom formulas to the filter list and also will try to interpret it when the user selects them.

But I guess what you are in need is like adding support for something like a editable dropdownlist, if that is what the case again I am not sure on the possiblities on implementing this,

We will try to update you with a sample before tomorrow noon with a sample with addditional custom entries for dropdowns in filterbar cell. let us know if this is fine

Thanks,
A.Sivakumar

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 25, 2006 04:48 PM UTC

Hi Tobias,

I appoligize for the delay in getting back to you.

No I haven''t find a solution maybe I am not quiet understand the scenario. Let me know if I am right.

I guess you were in need of adding support for something like a editable dropdownlist, if that is what you were saying about, since there is no such control (editable dropdownlist) in asp.net something like that should be tricky.

Development is in progress for a new generic combodropdown control in which you can make use of a editable combobox and so the user can do custom filtering. but this will take some time.I will follow up with the development team and will update here on the exact time frame if this is the case.

Thanks,
A.Sivakumar

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 28, 2006 10:45 PM UTC

Hi Tobias,

I apologize for not having a solution yet. Also I could see that my previous update was a bit confusing, so again I apologize for the confusions in my previous update.

Let me explain in brief. As said in my first post We tried to create a sample where there will be a chance for the developer to add some additional custom entries in the dropdownlist but we faced many problems in implementing this successfully.

Because of the issues in implementing in a sample We decided to make this as a feature request. But from my previous understandings what I was trying to do in a sample was a custom entry along with the existing filter bar items inside the drop down filter, but it seems like you were in need of a editable combobox in filter bar instead of the existing default dropdown filter bar control or something else.

Could you please update us more details on your requirements and time frame (though I was talking about editable combobox I am not sure if that us what you are in need of) so that We will make a feature request accordingly and provide you with more info.

Let me know if I misunderstood anything and was totally not in your track.

Thanks,
A.Sivakumar

TH Tobias Hartmann July 30, 2006 10:36 PM UTC

Hi,
sorry for delay was a little bit away.

Basically what I am looking for is an option to change the filterbars entries and how filtering works.

Here is what is most important:
1. Add an entry UserDefined like in Excel or also your WinGrid. User can create own filters in popup
2. Dont list all unique entries in filterbar, have option to define through own functions, an example could be, Show A-Z and filter by first letter, other filters should be possible to, i need to define filterentries in filterbar and the filtering function to get data must be changeable (eg. with that abc, have it look for all entries that have a letter somewhere in text)
3. Give user possibility to enter any string he likes

Thanks
Tobias

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 1, 2006 01:11 AM UTC

Hi Tobias,

Thanks for the information.

To support the above behaviors mentioned by you, we decided to support templates for summary row to the grid.

Then display the templated summary to the top of the record rows and you can make it behave similar to a filterbar row.
Here you can specify your own controls like dropdown/any controls and can filter the grid in their server events.

We will also update you with a sample on how to implement the above said features using this summary row templates once this gets implemented

Still some additional research is in process and I will update you whenever I get more info from our development team

you can keep track of the progress of this feature here:

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/features/grid/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=1120

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
A.Sivakumar

TH Tobias Hartmann August 1, 2006 06:24 PM UTC

Sounds like a good plan
Thanks

>Hi Tobias,

Thanks for the information.

To support the above behaviors mentioned by you, we decided to support templates for summary row to the grid.

Then display the templated summary to the top of the record rows and you can make it behave similar to a filterbar row.
Here you can specify your own controls like dropdown/any controls and can filter the grid in their server events.

We will also update you with a sample on how to implement the above said features using this summary row templates once this gets implemented

Still some additional research is in process and I will update you whenever I get more info from our development team

you can keep track of the progress of this feature here:

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/features/grid/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=1120

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
A.Sivakumar

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon