We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

MailMerge Tables in Tables

hi,

Do we have the ability to merge Tables within Tables with any mailmerge.execute options? somthing like this structure:

tablestart_t1
mergefield:m1t1
tablestart:t2
mergefield: m1t2
tableend:t2
mergefield:m2t1
tableend:t1

this would make it a lot easier for me.

thanks

11 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 19, 2006 10:50 PM UTC

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Essential DocIO.

Currently it is not possible to do Mailmerge with nested tables. Could you pelase explain why you need this functionality? Usually,

1. Mailmerge.Execute() method will extract all the records from the given data source and merge it to the destination document.

2. Mailmerge.ExecuteGroup() method does the Mailmerge operation with portion of a document and its content will grow dynamically.

Did you try to get all the records from table and get the single master document using Mailmerge? If so, can you please refer the following sample and let me know if it helps.

Sample :
Sales_Invoice.zip

Thanks,
Prabhu.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 20, 2006 08:51 AM UTC

hi,

My problem is, to generate documents wich contain tables with several nested tables inside.Those can contain again serveral nested Tables and so on ..

Almoast like 1-1000 Pages(table 1) got 1-10 Objects(table2) with several customers(table3) wich have several Proberties(table4).

But this is at this moment not my main Problem. I know how to do a workaround, now. It would have been easier ;)

My (today occred) main problems are some strange things wich happen when I only read and write a Document with differerent templates.

#1 Textframes occur as big black Elements in the PDF.

#2 Pictures where not displayed in DOC.IO,

#3 "bounds" exeption (pdf) when reading a 8-pages xml document stream. and:

#4 Syncfusion.DLS.DLSException: Cells count in sourceDescriptor 8 greate than destanation 1
Guess this is one about tables in tables?

The Results are in the attachment.

syncfusion22.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 20, 2006 09:13 AM UTC

Sorry #1 not textframes, just some spaces

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 20, 2006 07:10 PM UTC

Hi Pinkau,

I have created a sample which does the Mailmerge operation with nested table document. We do not support this functionality. However I have given a workaround sample for this functionality. Could you please refer the following sample? I hope this will help you to proceed further in your project.

Sample  :  ProductCategory.zip

Regarding the issues,

#1 & #2 I have filed a bug report to these two issues with our development team. You can track the live status of these issues here,

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/issues/docio/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=2394

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/issues/docio/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=2412

#3 & #4 I was not able to reproduce these issues. I will investigate regarding these issues. Could you please send me the XML file if possible?

Also we appreciate you to bringing these issues to our attention.

Thanks,
Prabhu.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 21, 2006 08:39 AM UTC

Hi,

Thanks for the example, I think it will help me.
The issue #3 happens when I try to read and write the document in the attachment.

I´m looking for #4.

I´m sorry to bother you with another Question: Is there a collection of all Mergefields contained in a docuemnt?

Thanks for your Time

best regards,

r.Pinkau

Cells count in sourceDescriptor.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 21, 2006 10:21 AM UTC

Hi,
There is another problem:
As you can see in the in.doc and out.doc wich I postet previously, the Footer becomes the Header.

best regards,

r.pinkau

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 21, 2006 03:43 PM UTC

Hi Pinkau,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I was able to see the problem and I have created a bug report regarding this issue with our development team. We will address this as soon as possible. Here is the link to track the progress of this fix.
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/issues/docio/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=2412

Please let me know if you have any other assistance.

Thanks,
Prabhu.

>Hi,
There is another problem:
As you can see in the in.doc and out.doc wich I postet previously, the Footer becomes the Header.

best regards,

r.pinkau

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 21, 2006 05:33 PM UTC

Hi Pinkau,

Thank you for providing a document to us. I was able to see the issue. It happens due to the document contents had an Euro [ € ] symbol inside the table. If we remove that symbol from document then its working fine. I have made the changes from given document and I have created a sample that open a template document and resave it by Essential DocIO and convert it to PDF by Essential PDF. Please take a look for the attached sample.

However I have already noticed that issue and I have files a bug report with our development team. You can tack the live status of this issue here,
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/issues/docio/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=2264

Thank you for you continued interest in Syncfusion products.

Best regards,
Prabhu.

>Hi,

Thanks for the example, I think it will help me.
The issue #3 happens when I try to read and write the document in the attachment.

I´m looking for #4.

I´m sorry to bother you with another Question: Is there a collection of all Mergefields contained in a docuemnt?

Thanks for your Time

best regards,

r.Pinkau

Cells count in sourceDescriptor.zip

Sample56.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 24, 2006 08:24 AM UTC

hi,

thanks for the example, but I think I wait until the bug´s were fixed, before I go on evaluating Essencials Doc.IO or Essencials PDF.

best regards,

r.pinkau

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 10, 2006 12:43 AM UTC

Hi Pinkau,

We are glad to inform that the issue regarding, (i) hidden border lines are shows with thick lines in PDF document and (ii) Image from the template document preserving has been fixed in our latest version. Can you please create a new Direct – Trac incident in this regard by mentioning the forum number and request for obtaining the latest updated custom assemblies. Thank you for your patience.

Best Regards,
Prabhu.

>Hi Pinkau,

I have created a sample which does the Mailmerge operation with nested table document. We do not support this functionality. However I have given a workaround sample for this functionality. Could you please refer the following sample? I hope this will help you to proceed further in your project.

Sample  :  ProductCategory.zip

Regarding the issues,

#1 & #2 I have filed a bug report to these two issues with our development team. You can track the live status of these issues here,

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/issues/docio/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=2394

#3 & #4 I was not able to reproduce these issues. I will investigate regarding these issues. Could you please send me the XML file if possible?

Also we appreciate you to bringing these issues to our attention.

Thanks,
Prabhu.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 12, 2006 06:38 AM UTC

Hi Pinkau,

Sorry for delay in getting back to you.

We are glad to inform that the issue regarding preservation of the Euro symbol [ € ] from the template document has been fixed in our latest internal source. This fix will be available in our next release of Essential Studio (v.4.4). Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,
Prabhu

>Hi Pinkau,

Thank you for providing a document to us. I was able to see the issue. It happens due to the document contents had an Euro [ € ] symbol inside the table. If we remove that symbol from document then its working fine. I have made the changes from given document and I have created a sample that open a template document and resave it by Essential DocIO and convert it to PDF by Essential PDF. Please take a look for the attached sample.

However I have already noticed that issue and I have files a bug report with our development team. You can tack the live status of this issue here,
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/issues/docio/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=2264

Thank you for you continued interest in Syncfusion products.

Best regards,
Prabhu.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon