We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Docking Manager ''Perspectives''

Hi, I have a requirement to implement multiple ''perspectives'' (layouts) that the user can switch between. Each layout will have different controls in different positions. Is there a recomended way of implementing this? My plan was to use Load/Save state in conjuction with SetEnableDocking. What sequence of calls would I need to switch from one persective to another? Regards David Hayes

3 Replies

JK Joy K George Syncfusion Team July 18, 2006 06:23 PM UTC

this
Hi David, If you need to switch between different layouts with different controls,You should ensure that there present all the controls in dockinglayout before loading the Dockstate using the LoadDockState method. This should be the sequence. 1.EnableDocking for controls which are present in the docklayout which is going to be loaded. 2.Load the layout using the LoadDockState method. You could also save the information about the controls in the same dockstate stream.So it will be easy to create controls before loading the dock state.Please refer knowledge base article for more information. Please let me know,if you need more information. Regards, Joy

DH David Hayes July 18, 2006 07:53 PM UTC

Hi, Thanks for your quick response. Just to clarify the sequence should be: 1. Create controls. 2. Enable docking with mDockingManager.DockControl or SetEnableDocking (what is the difference between these, do you have to call DockControl the first time?) 3. Load the saved dock state What happens to a control when SetEnableDocking(myControl, false) is called? Do I need to make it invisible or is it removed from the host control?

JK Joy K George Syncfusion Team July 19, 2006 11:50 PM UTC

Hi David,

You may use either SetEnableDocking or DockControl method.The purpose is to make the control docked in the docking layout.In other words the control should in control of dockingmanager before you load the dockstate.

There is no need to make the control invisible or removed from the HostControl.

Regards,
Joy

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon