We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GridControl EndUpdate hang

Hello! I am using the GridControl, version 4.102.0.70. I believe I am facing a problem that is related to this particular version of the control, since I was not experiencing the problem with earlier versions. The problem is that I have code that expands and contracts the number of columns within the grid by setting the ColCount property. Then I have code that hides / shows columns using code like that found below. Well, when I try to run the code below, the app hangs, and when I break, the line that is hanging is the EndUpdate method. Again, this was not happening with earlier versions I was using. I actually first experienced this problem last week with another grid within the app when QA here reported the hang problem. I had made some changes to that grid which made me think that perhaps something I did was the issue, so I got around the issue by disposing of the current grid and creating and loading a new one. However, now I am having the same problem with another grid, one which I have not touched in quite a while. Please advise. I need to know what course of action I am going to have to take. I have numerous grids with this type of functionality Many Thanks GA this.BeginUpdate(); int newSortedQuarterNo = -1; for (int qtr = 1; qtr <= this.NumberOfQuarters; qtr++) { int startColIndex = this.GetQuarterStartColIndex(qtr); int endColIndex = this.GetQuarterEndColIndex(qtr); bool hide = !nonEmptyQuarters.ContainsKey(qtr.ToString()); this.SetColHidden(startColIndex, endColIndex, hide); if (!hide && newSortedQuarterNo == -1) { newSortedQuarterNo = this.QuarterToQuarterNo(qtr); } } this.EndUpdate();

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 18, 2006 09:43 PM UTC

Hi Giancarlo, Please update us a sample or modify any of our browser samples to reproduce the issue here, as we are not certain about the cause of the issue. The Version 4.1.102.70 is patch, please try in the version 4.2 if it’s possible and let us know if this helps. Thanks for the being patience. Best regards, Madhan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon