We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Navigate with Cursor

Hello, I''m using your example EmployeeView. While Pressing Cursor left from FirstName I expect to get the fields Adress, next Region, next Title. But I got the order FirstName, LastName, Adress, City, PostalCode, Region and so on. How to get the expected order? Regards Helmut

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 21, 2006 07:23 AM UTC

Hi Helmut,

The simplest way to handle this is to subscribe to the TableControlCurrentCellKeyDown event and set the currentcell using the Record.SetCurrent method. Please refer the sample for more details.

private Hashtable traverseOrder = new Hashtable();

//form load.
traverseOrder.Add( "EmployeeID","Photo");
traverseOrder.Add( "Photo", "FirstName" );

private void gridGroupingControl1_TableControlCurrentCellKeyDown(object sender, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridTableControlKeyEventArgs e)
{
if(e.Inner.KeyCode == Keys.Right)
{
GridTableCellStyleInfo info = e.TableControl.CurrentCell.Renderer.CurrentStyle as GridTableCellStyleInfo;
if( info.TableCellIdentity.Column != null )
{
// traverseOrder having the column name and next column traverse name.
object column = traverseOrder[info.TableCellIdentity.Column.MappingName ] ;
if( column != null)
{
e.TableControl.Table.CurrentRecord.SetCurrent(column.ToString() );
}
}
e.Inner.Handled = true;
}
}
Here is a sample.
http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/EmployeeView_bad96d7b.zip

Let me know if this helps.
Best Regards,
Haneef

Note : You need to change the connection string before run the sample.

HB Helmut Basler July 21, 2006 08:28 AM UTC

Hi Haneef,

this help .

Thanks
Helmut

HB Helmut Basler July 24, 2006 06:15 AM UTC

Hallo Haneef,

an additional Question for Cursor Up/down. To Process cursor up or down i''m searching for functions like "e.TableControl.Table.PreviewRecord.SetCurrent(column.ToString() );" and "e.TableControl.Table.NextRecord.SetCurrent(column.ToString() );" but i''m not able to find something.

Thanks again
Helmut

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 24, 2006 09:05 AM UTC

Hi Helmut,

Could you try this code snippet to navigate the current record in a grid. Please find the code snippet below.

//for previous records.
int previndex = this.gridGroupingControl1.TableControl.CurrentCell.RowIndex - 1;
this.gridGroupingControl1.Table.DisplayElements[previndex].ParentRecord.SetCurrent();

//For next record.
int nextindex = this.gridGroupingControl1.TableControl.CurrentCell.RowIndex + 1;
this.gridGroupingControl1.Table.DisplayElements[nextindex].ParentRecord.SetCurrent();

Let me know if this helps.
Regards,
Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon