We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Dockingmanager memory leak

Hi, I have the following problem, when adding a dockingmanager to a MDIchild, the mdichild is not disposed completly, the instance stays. The attached is the mdichild demo modified (look at the 2003 project), the midification are : 1) docking manager added to the document 2) Garbage collection button added to the main form client area. To reproduce the problem just open a ducument, close it, look at the memory profiler to see that the instance of the document is still available. (i used .NET Memory Profiler 2.6) pressing the garbage collector does not help as well. If i remove the dockingmanager from the document form then the form is disposed correctly. any suggestions ?

mdidemo1.zip

7 Replies

MU Murugan Syncfusion Team July 18, 2006 05:47 PM UTC

Defect #2395 - Memory leak when we use dockingmanager in MDI child forms 
Hi Guy, Sorry for the inconvenience caused. This is a known issue.We will try to address this as soon as possible. Here is the link to track progress of fix. Thanks for using Syncfusion products. Regards, Murugan P.S

GU guy July 18, 2006 08:33 PM UTC

Defect #2395 - Memory leak when we use dockingmanager in MDI child forms 
When do you think this issue will be solved ? it is kind of urgent since the all application is based on dynamically openning and closing of forms, and currently the application is crashing rapidly... > Hi Guy, > >Sorry for the inconvenience caused. This is a known issue.We will try to address this as soon as possible. > >Here is the link to track progress of fix. > >Thanks for using Syncfusion products. > >Regards, >Murugan P.S > >

MU Murugan Syncfusion Team July 20, 2006 12:03 AM UTC

Hi Guy,

Sorry for the inconvinence caused. we have increased the priority of the bug and we will fix it as soon as possible.

Thanks for your interest on Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Murugan P.S

DL Dimitar Lichev July 26, 2006 01:17 PM UTC

Dear Sirs,

I am having the same problem with the docking manager not being disposed properly. I appreciate your work to resolve the issue, I have the following inquiry however: Since we are not inclined to upgrade to newer version of the suite, for reasons beyond the scope of the discussion, I was wondering whether you can arrange issuing us with a patch for the issue once it is fixed?

Best regards,
Dimitar

MU Murugan Syncfusion Team July 26, 2006 08:38 PM UTC

Hi Dimitor,

Could you please let me know the version of Essential Studio and .Net Framework which you are using now? It will be helpful in further investigation.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Murugan P.S

DL Dimitar Lichev July 27, 2006 12:01 PM UTC

Thanks for the prompt reply. We are using Syncfusion Essential Studio version 3.301.0.0 and .NET framework version 1.1.

Regards,
Dimitar

JK Joy K George Syncfusion Team July 28, 2006 02:48 PM UTC

Hi Dimitar,

We have made a lot of changes to our source from version 3.3.So it is very difficult to give you a patch in that version.Could you please consider upgrading to our latest version?

Regards,
Joy

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon