We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

ComboBoxBarItem events too limited

Hi, Why doesn''t ComboBoxBarItem offer Keydown, keyup, etc. events? It would be really useful to have these. Thanks.

7 Replies

SA Saradha Syncfusion Team July 18, 2006 12:08 PM UTC

Hi Leow, The reason you don''t see the keydown,keyup events is because we only simulate a combo box in our toolbars, rather than using a true combobox. You can still get the keydown,keyup events by holding the internal textBox of ComboBoxBarItem in TextBoxBound event. For more information, please refer the sample attached. When the KeyDown and KeyUp events are triggered, this sample just shows a messageBox indicating which event is triggered. Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, K.Saradha Devi. ComboBoxBarItem_Events.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 29, 2006 04:22 PM UTC

Hi,

I tried to use the method provided in the sample app; the only difference is that I have a ComboBoxBarItem on a XPMenus.XPToolBar, as opposed to XPMenus.Bar. In this case, the TextBoxBound event will NOT get raised.

Can you please help? I need to be able to capture the keydown event on the ComboBox.

Thanks a lot,

Frank

>Hi Leow,
>
>The reason you don't see the keydown,keyup events is because we only simulate a combo box in our toolbars, rather than using a true combobox. You can still get the keydown,keyup events by holding the internal textBox of ComboBoxBarItem in TextBoxBound event.
>
>For more information, please refer the sample attached. When the KeyDown and KeyUp events are triggered, this sample just shows a messageBox indicating which event is triggered.
>
>Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.
>
>Regards,
>K.Saradha Devi.
>
>ComboBoxBarItem_Events.zip

GS Gopalakrishnan S Syncfusion Team January 3, 2007 03:12 AM UTC

Hi Frank,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. You can invoke the KeyDown and KeyUp event in the TextBoxBound method instead of invoke its in constructor.

Here is the code snippet:

private void comboBoxBarItem1_TextBoxBound(object sender, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.XPMenus.TextBoxBoundEventArgs args)
{
txtBox = args.TextBox;
txtBox.KeyDown +=new KeyEventHandler(txtBox_KeyDown);
txtBox.KeyUp +=new KeyEventHandler(txtBox_KeyUp);
}

Please let me know if this works.

Thanks,
S.Gopal.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 3, 2007 01:39 PM UTC

Hi Gopal,

Thanks for the reply. But the the problem is that comboBoxBarItem1_TextBoxBound event handler will NOT be invoked if the comboBoxBarItem1 is on a XPMenus.XPToolBar. It will work if the comboBoxBarItem1 is on a XPMenus.Bar.

Other suggestions?

Thanks,

Frank

GS Gopalakrishnan S Syncfusion Team January 3, 2007 11:25 PM UTC

Hi Frank,

Sorry for the previous update. I do see the issue here and have notified to the development team in this regard. I will update the bug report link and time frame needed to fix the issue after consulting with the developers.

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Thanks,
S.Gopal.

PR Purusothaman R Syncfusion Team January 23, 2007 01:39 PM UTC

Hi Frank,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

We are currently working on this issue. We could also see that, in VS.NET 2002, the TextBoxBound event does not fire when the ComboBoxBarItem is under a ParentBarItem.

Few changes has been made in the source for making the ComboBoxBarItem to trigger its TextBoxBound event, when the ComboBoxBarItem is under a ParentBarItem.

We will fix the remaining issues related to TextBoxBound event soon and keep you updated.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Purusothaman.R

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 23, 2007 08:54 AM UTC

Hi Frank,

The defect id#3311 has been fixed. Could you please open an incident in the direct trac with the forum id as the subject line, so that we can send you the necessary information?

http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/DirectTrac/logon.aspx

Thanks,
Ajish.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon