We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Problem with active cell not updating

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

4663 May 23,2003 05:47 AM May 28,2003 02:43 PM Windows Forms 4
Tags: GridControl
Bryan Mau
Asked On May 23, 2003 05:47 AM

I am having a problem where when the grid gets updated (for example a Paste operation), the active cell (with a text box in it) does not get updated until the focus is moved to another cell. Do I need to manually update it or is there a call to the grid I need to make to tell it to update the TextBox?

Bryan Mau
Replied On May 23, 2003 06:02 AM

More detail: After we finish the paste we call InvalidateRange() and then do a Refresh(). If I replace the Refresh with a RefreshRange() it works (the cell gets updated). What's the difference between Refresh/RefreshRange?

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On May 23, 2003 07:45 AM

This should be fixed in 1.6. Just calling RefreshRange should be fine. Difference between this two methods is that Refresh does a bit more. Also updates scrollbars, refreshed current cell etc. But as I said in 1.6 the RefreshRange call will also take care on synchronizing current cell contents. Stefan

Ramu
Replied On May 28, 2003 12:11 PM

> This should be fixed in 1.6. Just calling RefreshRange should be fine. > > Difference between this two methods is that Refresh does a bit more. Also updates scrollbars, refreshed current cell etc. But as I said in 1.6 the RefreshRange call will also take care on synchronizing current cell contents. > > Stefan Hey, I am also facing the same problem. But even when I add refreshrange, its not updating. MessageBox.Show( sygFormFields[intRowIndex, intColListValues].Text ); sygFormFields[intRowIndex, intColListValues].Text = _strUpdatedListValues; sygFormFields.RefreshRange(GridRangeInfo.Rows(intRowIndex,intRowIndex)); MessageBox.Show( sygFormFields[intRowIndex, intColListValues].Text ); During the first update, its working fine. for the subsequent updates, its not refreshing. Thanks in Advance. Ram

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On May 28, 2003 02:43 PM

This is fixed in 1.6 Stefan

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;