We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Web Design

Hello, I have a requirement from a customer for a web based medical data entry form. The customer would like the form to be able to show data entry controls based on the need of the specific patient. For example, if a patient has had several surgeries the customer would like the patient to click on something that will show a line of data entry forms that will allow them to fill in to complete. If they need to fill in another item they click and another set of data entry controls appear. The customer insists that he has seen this at several web sites without the need to refresh the page. In the research and tests I have done I have been able to accomplish this by creating dynamic controls, but this requires the page to be refreshed. Does anyone know how to accomplish this goal and do you have any examples of web sites that do this? Regards, Scott

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 17, 2006 06:46 PM UTC

Scott, Yes, this should be doable using AJAX (in ASP.Net 2.0). You can use the CallbackPanel control in Essential Tools for ASP.Net to refresh portions of the page without a postback. Some interesting samples using this approach are at: http://www2.syncfusion.com/2.0/samples.aspx And browse to Tools.Web/CallbackControls to see plenty of samples illustrating refresh without postbacks. More regarding Essenatial Tools for ASP.Net, here: www.syncfusion.com/toolsweb -Praveen

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon