We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

date time Column in gridgrouping Control

When the gridgrouping Control is grouped by a column that contain (DateTime) data, The user become unable to ellapse and collapse it.

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 17, 2006 11:39 PM UTC

Hi Ahmed, I was able to see the issue, I will check with the development team and will update you soon here reg the bugID and you can keep track on the progress of this issue there. In the meanwhile I guess the following workaround might help you temporarily. Steps involved: --------------- 1) Remove the visiblity of the date column from the grid 2) Include unboundColumn to show the data column alone to do this handle the ''QueryValue'' Event 3) Inside the ''QueryvalueEvent'' check for the field name ''e.Field.Name'' where replace the ":" symbol with any of your symbols. this symbol is causing the issue and in the sample attached I relpaced this symbol with "ZZZ" 4)Now Inside the ''QueryCellStyleInfo'' Event check for the ''GroupCaptionCell'' and again replace the "ZZZ" with ":" so that groupcaption will show you the date. 5)Also in the AlternateRecordFieldCell and RecordFieldCell do like the above(replacing like step 4), you can also change the CellType to be as a MonthCalendar inside this event which lets you select a data from a Calendar control while editing Note: The attached sample uses titles table of pubs database. the proj files and other files like webinfo are not attacehed. DateTimeGrouping_Forum.zip Thanks, A.Sivakumar

SS Suresh Sekarean Syncfusion Team May 23, 2007 05:15 AM UTC

Hi Ahmed,

We regret for the delay.

The issue,unable to expand and collapse when grouping by DateTime column has been fixed and included in our latest version v5.1.0.51 which can be downloaded from the below link,

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/latestversion/default.aspx

Latest version includes many features such as Vista Support, Skin support,Data Catching Modes and improved Clientside Object Model.

For Unlock Key:

If you hold a Syncfusion license with a valid subscription, you can obtain your key for this version by visiting the "Download the latest versions" section within Direct-Trac and clicking on the appropriate key icon. If you're currently evaluating our products or considering renewing an expired subscription, please contact our sales team (salessupport@syncfusion.com) for the key and further details.

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Sureshsekaran.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon