We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GroupingGrid Threading

Hello, I just have a quick question about threading and the grouping grid. I have created a groupinggrid control and a datatable, as the grouping grid datasource, in the main thread of the form. I then launch another thread that adds / removes datarows from the datatable (the grouping grids datasource). I realise that if I need to reference the grouping grid in this thread I will need to use the "InvokeRequired" property and call a delegate. But what I need to know is do I need to check the grouping grids "InvokeRequired" property in order to add or remove any data from the grids datasource (the datatable)? Thanks, David.

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 12, 2006 11:39 AM UTC

No, generally you would not need to do this. The groupinggrid has subscribed to certain events on the DataTable that will react to you adding/removing rows to the DataTable outside the grid. But the event handlers within the grid code that handle these actions are protected by InvokeRequired checks that should catch any calls on the wrong thread and direct them to the proper thread.

DL David Llewellyn July 12, 2006 11:40 PM UTC

Thank you Clay for once again providing me with a very timely and concise explanation. You have been a great help.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon