We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Intra-character spacing on worksheet names

Hi, We''ve found what looks like a bug in the Essential Grid. If you give a worksheet a very long text property, the spacing between the characters seems to get larger toward the end; see the screenshot attached, which was generated by changing the line setting the text on tabBarPage2 in the Essential Grid WorkBook demo thus: this.tabBarPage2.Text = "eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"; Regards, Giles

worksheet.zip

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 10, 2006 08:04 PM UTC

Hi Giles, We are currently looking into this issue and will update you the details. Thanks for your patience. Best Regards, Haneef

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 10, 2006 08:10 PM UTC

Hi Giles, Please take a look below update from developer regarding a similar problem in tabcontroladv tab text. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Looks like there is a bug in .Net Framework 1.1 : when using standart methods ( Graphics.DrawString( ... ) ) , it draws long text buggy, for example, "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a" To fix this defect in TabControlAdv, we''ve used Native methods to draw text in Tab instead of Graphics.DrawString( ... ) . TabControlAdv supports TabAlignment feature ( Left, Right, Top, Bottom ). Because of this for each Tab we draw text ( using Native Methods ) to empty ( transparent ) bitmap, which is rotated, when Alignment is Left or Right, and then this transparent bitmap with Tab''s text is drawn on TabControlAdv. <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Let me know if this helps. Best Regards, Haneef

GT Giles Thomas July 11, 2006 03:46 PM UTC

Hi Haneef, That does sound like the same problem; two questions: - Do you know if it''s present in version 2 of the .NET framework? That''s what we''re using. - Is there any plan to introduce a similar workaround into the Essential Grid? Regards, Giles >Hi Giles, > >Please take a look below update from developer regarding a similar problem in tabcontroladv tab text. > >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> > >Looks like there is a bug in .Net Framework 1.1 : when using standart methods ( Graphics.DrawString( ... ) ) , it draws long text buggy, for example, >"aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a" > >To fix this defect in TabControlAdv, we''ve used Native methods to draw text in Tab instead of Graphics.DrawString( ... ) . >TabControlAdv supports TabAlignment feature ( Left, Right, Top, Bottom ). Because of this for each Tab we draw text ( using Native Methods ) >to empty ( transparent ) bitmap, which is rotated, when Alignment is Left or Right, and then this transparent bitmap with Tab''s text is drawn on TabControlAdv. > ><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< > >Let me know if this helps. >Best Regards, >Haneef

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 18, 2006 09:31 AM UTC

Hi Giles, I am afraid, current implementation of TabBarSpilitter control does not support this feature. However thanks for your nice suggestion. I have created a feature request # 1081 in this regard. Feature Request #1081 You could track the status of the request in the above link. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion Products. Best Regards, Haneef

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 18, 2006 09:35 AM UTC

Hi Giles, Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Here is a link. http://www.syncfusion.com/support/features/grid/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=1081 Best Regards, Haneef.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon