We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Exception while workbook.SaveAs(filename)

I am receiving an exception on workbook.SaveAs() if I delete part of named range on a report. This does not happen if I dont delete part of the range. Sample project attached. Point to the xlt included Point to the xml included for the data. Affectively the test app goes: Open template Open xml file into a dataset Drop the first table starting at the address of the first named range Delete any left over rows in the named range Drop the second data table in the address of the second name range workbook.SaveAs(fileName) Exception is - "System.ApplicationException: Error in the application.\r at Syncfusion.XlsIO.Implementation.Collections.WorkbookNamesCollection.GetNewIndexes(SortedListEx list)\r at Syncfusion.XlsIO.Implementation.Collections.WorkbookNamesCollection.Serialize(OffsetArrayList records)\r at Syncfusion.XlsIO.Implementation.WorkbookImpl.SerializeNames(OffsetArrayList records)\r at Syncfusion.XlsIO.Implementation.WorkbookImpl.Serialize(OffsetArrayList records, ExcelSaveType saveType)\r at Syncfusion.XlsIO.Implementation.WorkbookImpl.SaveAs(String FileName, ExcelSaveType saveType)\r at Syncfusion.XlsIO.Implementation.WorkbookImpl.SaveAs(String FileName)\r at Bif8Writer.Form1.cmdRangeViaRowCol_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\\Working\\Internal\\Utilities\\Kelley\\SentToSyncfusion\\Form1.cs:line 542"

ExceptionOnSaveAs.zip

3 Replies

RC Robert Chapman July 10, 2006 12:51 PM UTC

version of syncfusion is 4.102.0.50 >I am receiving an exception on workbook.SaveAs() if I delete part of named range on a report. This does not happen if I dont delete part of the range. Sample project attached. >Point to the xlt included >Point to the xml included for the data. > >Affectively the test app goes: >Open template >Open xml file into a dataset >Drop the first table starting at the address of the first named range >Delete any left over rows in the named range >Drop the second data table in the address of the second name range >workbook.SaveAs(fileName) > >Exception is - >"System.ApplicationException: >Error in the application.\r at Syncfusion.XlsIO.Implementation.Collections.WorkbookNamesCollection.GetNewIndexes(SortedListEx list)\r at Syncfusion.XlsIO.Implementation.Collections.WorkbookNamesCollection.Serialize(OffsetArrayList records)\r at Syncfusion.XlsIO.Implementation.WorkbookImpl.SerializeNames(OffsetArrayList records)\r at Syncfusion.XlsIO.Implementation.WorkbookImpl.Serialize(OffsetArrayList records, ExcelSaveType saveType)\r at Syncfusion.XlsIO.Implementation.WorkbookImpl.SaveAs(String FileName, ExcelSaveType saveType)\r at Syncfusion.XlsIO.Implementation.WorkbookImpl.SaveAs(String FileName)\r at Bif8Writer.Form1.cmdRangeViaRowCol_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\\Working\\Internal\\Utilities\\Kelley\\SentToSyncfusion\\Form1.cs:line 542" > > > >

ExceptionOnSaveAs.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 10, 2006 11:45 PM UTC

Hi Rob, We are looking into this issue.I will update you regarding this issue as soon as possible. Thanks, Bharath.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 14, 2006 12:47 AM UTC

Hi Rob, Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.Thanks for sending the project to show your problem.I have filed a bug report regarding this issue. Please track the status of this issue through the following link:http://www.syncfusion.com/support/issues/xlsio/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=2388 Please let me know if you have any other queries. Regards, Bharath.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon