We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Generate AcroForm PDF, can''t save

Hi, I have a problem with the pdf component, when I generate an AcroForm pdf with checkbox, combobox, listbox and textbox. When it''s open by Acrobat Reader or an other program, it inform me that I can''t save under pdf format with the data that I have completed. What''s the way to authorize the person to save the data and the file under the pdf format? Thanks Dominique

5 Replies

AJ Ajish Syncfusion Team July 7, 2006 08:47 PM UTC

Hi Dominique, Thank you for your interest in Essential PDF. I will contact the development team regarding it and send you an update as soon as I hear back. Thanks, Ajish.

DQ Dominique Quilgars July 17, 2006 02:55 PM UTC

Have you some news? Thanks Dominique >Hi Dominique, > >Thank you for your interest in Essential PDF. I will contact the development team regarding it and send you an update as soon as I hear back. > >Thanks, >Ajish.

AJ Ajish Syncfusion Team July 18, 2006 12:05 AM UTC

Hi, Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Currently it''s not possible to allow users to save a PDF document in the viewer. The behaviour you described is the default behaviour of Adobe Reader. Please let me know if you have any queries. Thanks, Ajish.

MS Mitchel Sellers August 1, 2006 06:30 PM UTC

I just thought I''d expand on this a bit for you.

By default Acrobat Reader cannot save filled forms, to make a filled form savable via Acrobat Reader you need to have Lifecycle Reader Extensions, and grant the permissions on the document. This is very expensive.

AJ Ajish Syncfusion Team August 2, 2006 07:10 PM UTC

Hi Mitchel,

Thank you for the information. You are right by default Acrobat Reader cannot save filled forms we need to grant special permissions on the document to make it savable.

Thanks,
Ajish.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon