We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Primary Key Restrictions

I was wondering if there are restrictions on what values are valid when being used as a primary key? I have a grid that is bound to a sql datasource that lists documents and details about those documents. I use the document name as the primary key, and it appears that when I have certain special characters (such as +, %, and ;) in the document name, I can not select that document in the grid. To complicate things further if the top most document in the list contains one of these characters the grid goes into an infinate loop trying to select the first document on the page load. Has anyone seen this before or have any thoughts on how to get around this? I do not have access to restrict what these documents are named before they are saved to the database.

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 6, 2006 06:46 PM UTC

Hi Patrick, Here is a sample, which shows the primary column with special characters ( +, % , ; ) and selection of data’s goes fine. Please modify the sample reproduce the issue here. Sample : GGC_PrimaryColumn Best regards, Madhan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon