We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

sorting the dispalyed hierarchy data

Hi, I have a problem i cannot resolve. My problem is if have a dataset with relation in it, i bind the parent table to grid and if i want to sort the parent table i just use the defaultview property of table. My question is how to sort the child data table? regards wirawan

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 6, 2006 03:25 PM UTC

Hi Wirawan, In GridDataBoundGrid, you need to handle the sorting of hierarchical data yourself. Please refer to the following link for more details on sorting hierarchy data in GridDataBoundGrid. Forum : http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=9239. In GroupingGrid, You can achieve this by adding the column in SortedColumns. The following is the code snippet >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GridTableDescriptor gd = this.gridGroupingControl1.GetTableDescriptor("MyChildTable"); gd.SortedColumns.Add("childID",ListSortDirection.Descending); >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Best regards, Madhan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon