We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Vertical scrollbar shifts the grid columns.

I am using Gridcontrol and the grid has three columns in the designer ColWidthEntries. The columns width sum up to the width of the grid. HScrollBehavior is set to Disable. VScrollBehavior is set DetectIfShared (Default). Add rows to the grid until the VScrollbar appears, it then enables the HScrollbar. Partly because it shifts the columns to the left. My question is: 1. Is there a way to resize the grid to accomodate the VScrollbar so that it will not enable the HScrollbar. 2. When the VScrollbar shifts the columns if you click on the VScrollbar to see the text hidden under the VScrollbar it scrolls the first column out of the grid (the whole first column becomes invisible). What you should I do have a partial scroll?

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 5, 2006 10:39 PM UTC

Hi Kwabena, Regarding the Question 1: Please refer this Knowledge base article which demonstrates the way to resize the columns in a grid. KB : GridPercentageSizing Regarding the Question 2: Please try this code to enable the pixel scrolling in a grid. this.gridControl1.HScrollPixel = true; this.gridControl1.VScrollPixel = true; If I did not answer your question, please explain a little more about what you want, and I’ll try again. Best Regards, Haneef

SR Shankar Ramasubramanian July 12, 2006 09:36 PM UTC

I looked at the sample. I''m using GridGroupingControl. I have allocated a percentage width to each column. The vertical scollbar automatically enables the horizontal scollbar also. How do i get rid of horizontal scrollbar Thanks Shankar

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 13, 2006 06:35 AM UTC

Hi Shankar, We have no other reports of this Scrollbar problem, and have not seen it in our many system. Attached sample working fine on my system which has "Essential version 4.2 +Windows XP sp2 +.Net 1.1/2.0" installed. Could you please try running the same at your end and send me back the modified sample if still the problem exists?. Also please let me know about the current version of Essential Studio/.Net FrameWork/OS you are using. Here is a sample. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/GridColumnWidthSizing_CS_ae41a838.zip Thanks for your patience. Best Regards, Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon