We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

PDF merge not functioning

I am trying to do a simple merge of two pdf documents, and it is not working. The output document gets only the first pdf document in it. Actually, if I switch the order there is no change, only the Demo document gets put in the output. My code is below. Am I doing something incorrect, or is this a bug? Thanks. FileStream inputStream1 = new FileStream("DemoNotifications.pdf", FileMode.Open); FileStream inputStream2 = new FileStream("Output.pdf", FileMode.Open); FileStream outputStream = new FileStream("OutputFinal.pdf", FileMode.Create); Syncfusion.Pdf.PDFDocument.Merge(outputStream, new Stream[] { inputStream1, inputStream2 }); outputStream.Close(); inputStream1.Close(); inputStream2.Close();

Merge.zip

5 Replies

AJ Ajish Syncfusion Team July 5, 2006 09:48 PM UTC

Hi Mark, I was able to reproduce the problem. However you can see that the problem to be resolved when you remove DemoNotifications.pdf file from the merge list. Here is a sample for your reference: Merge.zip Regarding issue related to Merging DemoNotification file, I will consult with the development team regarding this and send you an update as soon as I hear back. Thanks, Ajish,

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 6, 2006 01:03 PM UTC

Thank you. I''m interested to see what is causing the problem. Possibly the use of floating fields in the demo notification pdf? >Hi Mark, > >I was able to reproduce the problem. However you can see that the problem to be resolved when you remove DemoNotifications.pdf file from the merge list. > >Here is a sample for your reference: Merge.zip > >Regarding issue related to Merging DemoNotification file, I will consult with the development team regarding this and send you an update as soon as I hear back. > >Thanks, >Ajish, >

AJ Ajish Syncfusion Team July 13, 2006 12:32 AM UTC

Hi Mark, Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. In the ''demonotification.pdf'' file there are only three fields. However there are more fields defined in the XFA. XFA caused other pages disappear when they are appended to a document. Currently we only have support for ''dataset'' entry for form filling in. However we do have plans for improving our XFA support. I will update you regarding the time frame as soon as possible Best Regards, Ajish.

WI will November 14, 2022 05:36 AM UTC

If a PDF file size is exceeding the limit of 2GB. Then, in that case, a user might face this “adobe combine files not working” issue. To avoid this, one can compress their PDF file to take less space. After doing it they can continue the process of merging the PDF files.

Regards,

Will

IJ Irfana Jaffer Sadhik Syncfusion Team December 9, 2022 05:35 AM UTC

Thank you for the suggestions

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon