We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

undo and vs2005 and 4.2 grid

I''ve noticed a problem for a couple of weeks now and just today had some time to really mess with it. It seems that UNDO or ctrl-z in vs2005 doesn’t work with your new grid. In vs2003 and 3110 of your grid I used to use undo in the VS IDE all the time. Say you moved a grid a little too much and wanted it to go back to the spot it was then you could just hit ctrl-z. Worked perfectly every time. In vs2005 and 4.2 of your grid, if you make a mistake and try to undo well you are out of luck. Make a sample in vs2005 with 4.2 and place a grid on a form. Save the app. Next move the grid some to the left or right. Hit ctrl-z and notice it doesn’t go back to where it was like it should. Sometimes it will make the grid disappear. Another example would be to make a sample and this time put a grid and a button the form. Save the project. Then try to move the grid. Hit ctrl-z and nothing will happen. Now try to move the button to the top or bottom and hit ctrl-z. Now undo doesn’t work on a button control either. If you make another app and just put a button on the grid, you can move it around and hit ctrl-z all the time and have it work. Any suggestion on this? We use ctrl-z alllllllllllllllllllll the time.

12 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 3, 2006 03:54 PM UTC

Hi Philip, Thanks for the notification. We have registered this issue as bug. Kindly refer to this link for the bug report http://www.syncfusion.com/support/issues/grid/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=2321 Best regards, Madhan

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 5, 2006 12:53 PM UTC

Cool thanks. How come this link doesnt show up in the forum anymore? Do you take them out when they are reported as bugs?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 5, 2006 12:53 PM UTC

Nevermind. I must of put it in the general one on accident. Thanks

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 20, 2006 02:30 PM UTC

Has this been fixed in the current 4.3 release? I followed the link and it said it had not been but I wanted to make sure you??? It''s really annoying I cant do any undo''s after I touch the grid.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 26, 2006 08:05 PM UTC

??

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 27, 2006 06:25 AM UTC

Hi Philip,

We regret for the inconvenience caused.

We were able to see the issue in 4.3. We will fix the issue soon and keep you informed. Herewith I have attached the link to the defect to keep track of bug fix.

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/issues/grid/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=2321

Thanks for your patience.

Best regards,
Haneef

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 27, 2006 12:19 PM UTC

Hi Philip,

Thanks for your patience.

By default UndoEngine provided by the designer is way to slow for a GridControl because of its many properties. You will notice it especially when you try to resize the control.

The problem is that when you start resizing the control undo information is generated in the Visual Studio Designer. At that time the IDE uses reflection to loop through each and every property in the grid and hecks whether it needs to be serialized to code or not (just like when the InitializeComponent code is created). Please refer the attached code snippet from the GridControlDesigner.cs source for more details.

GridControlDesigner.cs(line 75) : http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/UndoEngine_396600f3.zip

We will add a property to the GridControl class which lets you enable undo support in the Essential Grid 4.4 release. By default it should be false to make sure the designer stays responsive. If Undo support is required then a user can set the property to true and then undoEngine.Enabled should not be set to false.

Best regards,
Haneef

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 28, 2006 03:45 PM UTC

Thanks for getting back to me. My main issue is that it messes up all Undos after you resize the grid or make any change on the grid and try to undo it. If you do anything to the grid and try to undo it messes up UNDO for every component. Try changing something on the grid and doing an UNDO. Then move a button around on the form or change the form size. Then try to do an undo on that. Undo stops working all together after I try to undo something on your grid. Its affecting the UNDO for every other component somehow. This use to work fine and never had any issues at all until this version. How come it use to work fine? What''s changed that has made it such a speed issue? VS2005?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 10, 2006 04:11 AM UTC

Hi Philip,

Our apologises for the long delay in getting back to you. We were able to reproduce the issue here. We will update the full details regarding the issue tomorrow.

Thanks for being patience.

Best Regards,
Haneef

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 10, 2006 08:15 AM UTC

Hi Philip,

We regret for the inconvenience caused.

This is a known issue in the GridControlDesigner (.Net FrameWork 2.2). We will add a property to the GridControl class which lets you enable undo support in the Essential Grid 4.4 release. By default it should be false to make sure the designer stays responsive. If Undo support is required then a user can set the property to true and then undoEngine.Enabled should not be set to false.

Best Regards,
Haneef

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 10, 2006 12:39 PM UTC

Im just trying to say that when I used undo in the past version when it did work it was never slow or un-responsive. My main thing isnt that it doesnt work, its when we use it now it messes up undo for all controls.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 10, 2006 12:46 PM UTC

Im just trying to say that when I used undo in the past version when it did work it was never slow or un-responsive. My main thing isnt that it doesnt work, its when we use it now it messes up undo for all controls.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon