We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

ToolStrip Sizing Down

I was encouraged to see the Office 2007-style ToolStripPanel making it into Syncfusion. However, when running the demo it seems as if this feature is somewhat undercooked in this release? For example, if you start to shrink the window (make it less wide)... the tools do not automatically reconfigure themselves to use less pace in the manner you see in Office 2007. Instead, once the space gets too small all of the items in the panel just vanish and it''s repalced by a dropdown arrow. Besides not being a very good UI response to resizing the window... it looks to the user like an outright bug ("where did my buttons and icons go!?"). Is this the intended behavior? -- David

4 Replies

J. J.Nagarajan Syncfusion Team June 29, 2006 03:33 PM UTC

Hi David, We regret for the inconvenience caused. We can reproduce the insufficient UI response for the window resizing in the present scenario of Office2007 Demo. We are currently under the development of new UI which will have the exact appearance of Office 2007. We will provide you the best UI behavior of Office 2007 at the earliest. Regards, J.Nagaraj

DW David Whatley July 1, 2006 04:23 PM UTC

Do you mean, like in an upcoming release? Or some sort of interm fix? There are other issues too. For example, as you mouse over the panels they change color slightly to indicate you are over them. But depending on how you move your mouse, some of them will get "stuck" in the "mouse is over me" state. It looks like a rushed implementation. Compare this to you rcompetitors precise implementation and careful attention to visual detail: http://www.devcomponents.com/dotnetbar/ -- David

J. J.Nagarajan Syncfusion Team July 3, 2006 11:28 AM UTC

Hi David, Thanks for the update. I will notify our tools development team about the exact appearance of the 0ffice2007 Demo. We will soon be implementing the best UI behaviour of office 2007. Thanks for using Essential tools. Regards J.Nagaraj

DW David Whatley July 3, 2006 05:16 PM UTC

Don''t forget, you''ll need to add the new 2007 tooltip type control, like your competetors have done to get the full effect. They also have a sweet design-time editor for them.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon