We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Deployment Question

Do I need a version of Adobe 7 on the machine that the Syncfusion core runs on? I run my app on my machine and it works fine but when I move it, I get a message saying can''t load the syncfusion core. It finds the assembly ok. It just won''t load it. Am I missing something? Thanks.

6 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 28, 2006 05:59 PM UTC

Hi John, 1) Essential PDF is a .NET library that is built from scratch in C# and it does not use any external libraries. It does not need Adobe pro to be installed for creating PDF using Essential PDF. However please note that you need to have a PDF viewer [Adobe reader] installed in order to view the generated PDF file. 2) Check if you have the following assemblies in your bin folder Syncfusion.core [v4.2.0.37] syncfusion.Pdf [v4.2.0.37] let me know if you still find with some problems. Thanks, Ajish.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 28, 2006 06:18 PM UTC

Could not load file or assembly ''Syncfusion.Core, Version=4.201.0.37, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken Is this the correct version? >Hi John, > >1) Essential PDF is a .NET library that is built from scratch in C# and it does not use any external libraries. It does not need Adobe pro to be installed for creating PDF using Essential PDF. However please note that you need to have a PDF viewer [Adobe reader] installed in order to view the generated PDF file. > >2) Check if you have the following assemblies in your bin folder > > Syncfusion.core [v4.2.0.37] > syncfusion.Pdf [v4.2.0.37] > >let me know if you still find with some problems. > >Thanks, >Ajish. >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 28, 2006 07:08 PM UTC

Hi John, Here are the requirements to deploy Essential PDF 1) The project that references Essential PDF should have a licenses.licx file that contains an entry for syncfusion assemblies Syncfusion.Core.Licensing.LicensedComponent, Syncfusion.Core You can just include this file in your project that uses Essential PDF and set it as an embedded resource licenses.zip The following assemblies should be deployed along with Essential PDF Syncfusion.PDF.Base.dll Syncfusion.DLS.Base.dll Syncfusion.Compression.Base.dll Syncfusion.Core.dll Please let me know if this works. Thanks, Stephen. >Could not load file or assembly ''Syncfusion.Core, Version=4.201.0.37, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken > >Is this the correct version? > >>Hi John, >> >>1) Essential PDF is a .NET library that is built from scratch in C# and it does not use any external libraries. It does not need Adobe pro to be installed for creating PDF using Essential PDF. However please note that you need to have a PDF viewer [Adobe reader] installed in order to view the generated PDF file. >> >>2) Check if you have the following assemblies in your bin folder >> >> Syncfusion.core [v4.2.0.37] >> syncfusion.Pdf [v4.2.0.37] >> >>let me know if you still find with some problems. >> >>Thanks, >>Ajish. >>

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 28, 2006 07:19 PM UTC

I do have all those assemblies and I''m still getting the same problem. There wasn''t any files in that last zip you posted but I do have my license file in my bin directory also. I did notice something strange. This is the entry I have in my web config The version looks correct and I do have this file in the bin directory that matches the version. The strange thing is when the method generates the error it throws the version number incorrectly. Here is the error - Could not load file or assembly ''Syncfusion.Core, Version=4.201.0.37, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken'' It appears as though its trying to load the wrong version for some reason. >Hi John, > >Here are the requirements to deploy Essential PDF > >1) The project that references Essential PDF should have a licenses.licx file that contains an entry for syncfusion assemblies > >Syncfusion.Core.Licensing.LicensedComponent, Syncfusion.Core > >You can just include this file in your project that uses Essential PDF and set it as an embedded resource > >licenses.zip > >The following assemblies should be deployed along with Essential PDF > >Syncfusion.PDF.Base.dll >Syncfusion.DLS.Base.dll >Syncfusion.Compression.Base.dll >Syncfusion.Core.dll > >Please let me know if this works. > >Thanks, >Stephen. > > >>Could not load file or assembly ''Syncfusion.Core, Version=4.201.0.37, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken >> >>Is this the correct version? >> >>>Hi John, >>> >>>1) Essential PDF is a .NET library that is built from scratch in C# and it does not use any external libraries. It does not need Adobe pro to be installed for creating PDF using Essential PDF. However please note that you need to have a PDF viewer [Adobe reader] installed in order to view the generated PDF file. >>> >>>2) Check if you have the following assemblies in your bin folder >>> >>> Syncfusion.core [v4.2.0.37] >>> syncfusion.Pdf [v4.2.0.37] >>> >>>let me know if you still find with some problems. >>> >>>Thanks, >>>Ajish. >>>

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 28, 2006 08:25 PM UTC

Hi John, A couple of quick clarifications 1)Do any of the code using Essential PDF (Codebehind) get deployed on the server as source files[cs, vb files]? 2) Could you please open a Direc-Trac incident regarding this? https://www.syncfusion.com/Support/DirectTrac/logon.aspx?URL=/Support/DirectTrac/default.aspx Thanks, Stephen.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 29, 2006 10:56 AM UTC

Yes they do get deployed as cs files. I have a couple of class modules in the project that reference syncfusion.pdf. >Hi John, > >A couple of quick clarifications > >1)Do any of the code using Essential PDF (Codebehind) get deployed on the server as source files[cs, vb files]? > >2) Could you please open a Direc-Trac incident regarding this? > >https://www.syncfusion.com/Support/DirectTrac/logon.aspx?URL=/Support/DirectTrac/default.aspx > >Thanks, >Stephen.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon