We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

AppendText gets progressively slower

I was toying around with the GridControl and used the editcontrol to dump log messages. (Added grid and edit control to a form and wired up the Cell navigation events (activate, activationg, moving, ...) to dump a line to to edit control. Then when moving around with the keyboard there''s a progressively more pronounced slowdown) I used the AppendText method on the editcontrol. This quickly (say about 300-400 logentries) becomes quite slow. On top of that, it takes ages to delete lines from the editcontrol when adding text like this. It''s clearly not an issue with the amount of text, as I added large amounts of text to the control with only a few AppendText calls and then the deleting of text was reasonably quick. Is this a bug? If not, is there a better way to add text to the grid or is this an architectural limitation.

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 29, 2006 10:22 AM UTC

Hi Palmer, Our apologies for the inconvenience caused.Could you please let me know the version of Essential Studio being used by you. Thanks for your patience. Regards, Ebenezer.P

EP Eldritch Palmer June 29, 2006 11:53 AM UTC

Hi Ebenezer, I''m using v4.2.0.37. The slowdown isn''t all that terrible, though it is quite noticable when moving around in the grid. The biggest problem is deleting the text, last time I tested it took over 30 seconds to delete (select all, delete) about 2000 lines of text. And as I said before, if I just add 2000 lines of text with a single AppendText call, there''s no such problem. >Hi Palmer, > >Our apologies for the inconvenience caused.Could you please let me know the version of Essential Studio being used by you. > >Thanks for your patience. > >Regards, >Ebenezer.P

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 29, 2006 03:09 PM UTC

Hi Palmer, I have tested for this issue using v4.2.0.37 and was able to see the problem.However,I have also tested for this issue using the latest assemblies and was not able to see the problem. Please create a Direct-Trac incident if you would like to receive the latest assemblies for testing this issue. Thanks for your patience. Regards, Ebenezer.P

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon