We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

HTML conversion as page element rather than page

We''re currently evaluating Syncfusion to determine if it meets our needs or not. Critical to our project is having most of a page generated programmatically (as done with demos like TextFormatting, etc), but then having one portion of that page generated by using HTMLToDLS. Is there a way to do this? HTMLToDLS seems to convert to an entire page only. Thanks, -Scott

7 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 28, 2006 09:50 PM UTC

Hi Scott, Thank you for your interest in Essential PDF. Please use the following code to make the section following the HTMLToDLS convertion to follow in the same page section.BreakCode = Syncfusion.DLS.SectionBreakCode.NoBreak; Here is a sample for your referece: HTMLToDLS.zip Please take a look and let me know if you need any further assistance. Thanks, Ajish.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 1, 2006 10:19 PM UTC

That''s not technically correct. This works if the converted HTML begins a page, but if I need it in the middle of a page, then I still get the page break before the converted HTML. Is there a way to prevent this?

Unlike most my other recent forums posts here, this is a critical issue for us and will determine whether we continue to use Syncfusion PDF, unless we can somehow get an early build of the "HTML to Paragraph" feature that I''ve seen discussed. Please let me know as soon as possible.

AJ Ajish Syncfusion Team August 2, 2006 07:07 PM UTC

Hi Scott,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. We are working on a new functionality which will insert HTML strings as a paragraph item instead of a whole document. This would help you placing the HTML strings in desired position. I will consult with the development team regarding it and provide you with an time frame on it as soon as possible.

Best Regards,
Ajish.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 2, 2006 07:43 PM UTC

So then to be clear, for the time being there is no way to prevent page breaks before converted HTML?

AJ Ajish Syncfusion Team August 3, 2006 10:31 PM UTC

Hi Scott,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Currently it is not possible to prevent page breaks before HTMLToDLS conversion, however we are working on this issue with high priority and it should be available soon. I will send you an update as soon as it is available. Please let me know if you any questions.

Best Regards,
Ajish.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 7, 2006 05:19 PM UTC

What''s the latest news on this feature?

AJ Ajish Syncfusion Team August 7, 2006 09:58 PM UTC

Hi Scott,

This functionality has been implemented internally and I can provide you with a preview version now. Can you please create a Direct-Trac incident regarding this so that I can provide you with a preview version.

Best Regards,
Ajish.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon