We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Javascript Error with multiple callbackpanel

Hi, Given below is the code snippet which is giving error. When I am trying to execute this page in browser,while loading the page its giving me javascript error "''hdnField'' is null or not an object". And when I chagne the value in dropdown its showing error as "''__sfCallbackMultiplexer1'' is undefined". So when I remove my conditional callback and have only dropdown control, it works fine. But I want to achive this functionality, so what can I do regarding this. As I am having multiple dropdowns and if any of dropdown has single value then it should be replaced by Lable control. <%If Session("bOrgDisplay") = 1 Then%> <% Else%> <%End If%> Thanks & Regards, Manoj Singh.

6 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 28, 2006 05:59 AM UTC

Hi manoj, Could you please resend the code snippet as we were not able to find any code attached with your post. Also i was unable to reproduce the issue you had reported and hence it would more helpful if you provide more information or a sample. Thanks and Regards, Sharmila

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 28, 2006 11:00 PM UTC

Hi Manoj, I have modified our existing CallbackConrols/ListBox select sample with ''DropDownList'' instead of ''ListBox'' control to meet your specifications. Binding the DropDowns ---------------------- The DropDown controls are bounded to the ''continents'' database that ships with our ''EssentialTools'' install and points to the syncfusion virtual directory. Functionalities in this sample: -------------------------------- a) Sample uses 3 drop down controls and by selecting any of the ''Continents'' from this dropdown the countries and cities dropdown''s/label gets updated which are interdependent on each others selection b) If the cities dropdown has single value then it will be replaced by ''Label control''.(Eg. Try select the Australia Continent, then select the NewZeland Countries in it. This will display the ''Wellington'' inside a label.) Click here to download the sample Hope this sample explains what you were looking for. Best Regards, A.Sivakumar

MS manoj singh June 29, 2006 04:25 AM UTC

Hi Siva, I have done in similer way, now i would like to know that, in the given example you have used ViewState for maintaining States of various dropdowns. But what should i do if i want to distroy viewstate. For Example :- I am checking for HTTP_Referer, so if user is coming from specific page then it is showing Fresh entry for the page, otherwise if he is coming from any other page then user is getting all the selected value which he has. So in this case i am using viewstate to maintain the state, but i am not able to refresh or reset the value to their original state. So please tell me how to do so. Regards, Manoj Singh.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 29, 2006 11:52 AM UTC

Hi manoj, "otherwise if he is coming from any other page then user is getting all the selected value which he has selected earlier” - We would like to know how this is possible. When the user clicks on a link referring to your page from a different page, won''t your page load WITHOUT any ViewState information? Unless there is some kind of caching going on that we are not aware of. Or are you using Session state instead of ViewState? Could you let us know what we might be missing? Regards and Thanks Sharmila

MS manoj singh June 30, 2006 05:34 AM UTC

Hi Sharmila, I guess its related to session only. Regards, Manoj Singh.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 30, 2006 10:39 AM UTC

Hi Manoj, I have attached a simple sample that explains the usage of session to maintain state in the dropdown control. Regards, Sharmila

DropDown_Session_33ad32f0.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon