We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

table length more than one page

Hi! I am trying to ''publish'' a long table using the properties: table.PageBreakBehavior = AutoBreakBehavior.FullBreak; table.RepeatHeader = true; the part of the table that fits in the first page is ok. but the part that left in the next page is shown twice - the first time in the next page as it should be, and another time in the first page. do you have any solution for this? thanks Liat

10 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 26, 2006 02:55 PM UTC

Hi Liat, I am afraid, I was unable to reproduce the issue. I used the following test sample to test your issue. Sample : InsertTables.zip Can you please take a look at the sample and let me know if you still have the same sample if so can you modify the sample or explain me in more detail so that I can reproduce the issue and this would help me to further investigate on the issue. Thanks, Ajish.

LI Liat June 27, 2006 07:40 AM UTC

Hi Ajish I added the rows before the table.publish call: PDFDocument dummydoc = new PDFDocument(); SizeF tablesize = table.Publish(tableLocation,dummydoc.LastPage); I need the size of the table in order to align the whole table to the right side of the document (x=pageWidth-tableSize.Width). after i add these two lines, the second page in your example is rewriten. Thanks Liat > >Hi Liat, > >I am afraid, I was unable to reproduce the issue. I used the following test sample to test your issue. > > >Sample : InsertTables.zip > >Can you please take a look at the sample and let me know if you still have the same sample if so can you modify the sample or explain me in more detail so that I can reproduce the issue and this would help me to further investigate on the issue. > >Thanks, >Ajish. >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 27, 2006 10:54 AM UTC

Hi Liat, Here is a modified sample which Right aligns the table. Sample: InsertTables.zip Can you take a look at the sample and let me know if have some problems in this approach, if so can you modify the sample attached and send me. So that I can reproduce the issue and further investigate on this. Thanks, Ajish.

LI Liat June 27, 2006 11:57 AM UTC

Hi Ajish Thanks, that helped. in the mean time, i encountered another problem - a rectangle with length of more than one page. the code i tried is: PDFDocument pdfDoc = new PDFDocument(); pdfDoc.AutoCreatePages = true; IPDFGraphicState props=pdfDoc.CreateGraphicState(); props.BreakBehavior = AutoBreakBehavior.FullBreak; pdfDoc.Graphics.DrawRectangle(0,0,400,800,props); this does not behave as expected... thanks Liat

LI Liat June 28, 2006 08:40 AM UTC

Hi another issue... when the table length is more than one page, the table size returned by publish() is not accurate. I added these lines to your expample: SizeF tablesize = table.Publish(tableLocation,pdfDoc.LastPage); RectangleF rect = new RectangleF(50,tablesize.Height,20,20); pdfDoc.Graphics.DrawRectangle(rect); You will see that the rectangle is drawn before the table ends. Thanks Liat >Hi Ajish >Thanks, that helped. >in the mean time, i encountered another problem - a rectangle with length of more than one page. >the code i tried is: >PDFDocument pdfDoc = new PDFDocument(); >pdfDoc.AutoCreatePages = true; >IPDFGraphicState props=pdfDoc.CreateGraphicState(); >props.BreakBehavior = AutoBreakBehavior.FullBreak; >pdfDoc.Graphics.DrawRectangle(0,0,400,800,props); > >this does not behave as expected... > >thanks >Liat

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 28, 2006 09:01 PM UTC

Hi Liat, Regarding the table height issue I was able to reproduce the issue. I have consulted the development team regarding this issue, I will send you an update as soon as hear back Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks, Ajish.

LI Liat June 29, 2006 07:34 AM UTC

Thanks, in the mean time i found a way to calculate the size by myself... what about the rectangle drawing issue? isn''t it possible to draw a rectangle which continues to the next page? (the temporary solution i found is to check each time before drawing if there is anough space in the document). Thanks Liat

AJ Ajish Syncfusion Team June 29, 2006 11:14 PM UTC

Hi Liat, Currently it is not possible to split rectangle that spans for next page.I have created a feature request regarding this issue you can track the status of this issue from the following link. http://www.syncfusion.com/support/features/pdf/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=1036 Please let me know if you any other questions. Thanks, Ajish.

LI Liat July 4, 2006 07:50 AM UTC

Hi Ajish I discovered that my calculation of the table height does not work in case that the row AutoHeight value is true... Is there any progress in this matter? Thanks Liat >Hi Liat, > >Regarding the table height issue I was able to reproduce the issue. I have consulted the development team regarding this issue, I will send you an update as soon as hear back > >Please let me know if you have any questions. > >Thanks, >Ajish.

AJ Ajish Syncfusion Team July 4, 2006 07:47 PM UTC

Hi Liat, Sorry for the inconvenience. I will send you an update regarding as soon as possible. Thanks, Ajish.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon