We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How to Remove

Hi, I am setting the Tag peropery as Ascending while sorting this[0, ((SortableColumn)sortingColumns[colIndex]).Column].Tag = ListSortDirection.Ascending; But I want to remove the Tag while clearing the soring. Let me know how to clear the tag thanks RRC

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 26, 2006 04:57 PM UTC

Hi Ravi, Try setting the Tag property to Null. Here is a code snippet. this[0, ((SortableColumn)sortingColumns[colIndex]).Column].Tag = null; Please let me know if this helps. Regards, Haneef

RA Ravichandran June 27, 2006 09:10 AM UTC

Haneef, Actuall i tried that one it didt assign null to Tag that why I posted this query here. Pls let me knwo if anyohter way to assign null value to Tag property. Thanks Ravi >Hi Ravi, > >Try setting the Tag property to Null. Here is a code snippet. > >this[0, ((SortableColumn)sortingColumns[colIndex]).Column].Tag = null; > >Please let me know if this helps. >Regards, >Haneef

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 27, 2006 05:44 PM UTC

Hi Ravi, For GridControl: The attached sample shows you how to clear the sort direction in your grid. It also has a code that clears the sorting of the grid control. Please refer to the attachement for more details. Here is a sample. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/sortColumnHeader_c211ad31.zip For DataBoundGrid: Try setting the DefaultView.Sort of the underlying datasource in a grid to string.Empty. Here is a code snippet DataTable dt = this.gridDataBoundGrid1.DataSource as DataTable; dt.DefaultView.Sort = ""; this.gridDataBoundGrid1.Refresh(); Let me know if this helps. Best Regards, Haneef

RA Ravichandran June 29, 2006 07:50 AM UTC

Thanks Haneef. >Hi Ravi, > >For GridControl: > >The attached sample shows you how to clear the sort direction in your grid. It also has a code that clears the sorting of the grid control. Please refer to the attachement for more details. > >Here is a sample. >http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/sortColumnHeader_c211ad31.zip > >For DataBoundGrid: > >Try setting the DefaultView.Sort of the underlying datasource in a grid to string.Empty. Here is a code snippet > >DataTable dt = this.gridDataBoundGrid1.DataSource as DataTable; >dt.DefaultView.Sort = ""; >this.gridDataBoundGrid1.Refresh(); > >Let me know if this helps. >Best Regards, >Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon