We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GDBG RowEnter event

Hi, using the GDBG (v4.2.0.37) i noticed the rowenter event is being fired when the grid loses the focus. Why is this and how can i prevent this?

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 26, 2006 05:46 PM UTC

Hi Edward, It will be helpful, if you provide us more details / modify the attached sample to reproduce the issue. The following sample demonstrates the behaviour without any issue. Sample : RowEnterIssue Thanks and regards, Madhan

EG EG June 28, 2006 07:57 AM UTC

Hi Madhan, Thanks for your response. After migrating our application from grid v1.6.1.8 to v4.2.0.37 i noticed that the RowEnter event of the gdbg was being triggered when the gdbg loses the focus. After some debugging/comparing yesterday i noticed that the newly created grids on a form has the property UseListChangeEvent=True while for existing grids this is set to False. If UseListChangeEvent=False and the datasource of the gdbg is a datatable the RowEnter event is triggered when the grid loses the focus, but not when UseListChangeEvent=False. For an arraylist as the datasource the UseListChangeEvent has no influence on the RowEnter event being triggered. It’s always triggered. I attached a VB sample (VS2005) to demonstrate this. I assume this is not the intended behavior of the grid. (or is it?) Is there a way to prevent this issue? Best regards, Edward

RowEnterIssue02.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 28, 2006 11:44 PM UTC

Hi Edward, Here is the sample which demonstrates a way to avoid this problem. This is achieved by suspend / resume binding when leaving and entering the grid. I hope it helps to solve your issue. Sample : RowEnterIssue02 Best regards, Madhan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon