We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Two copies of the help files

After installing I have two copies of the help files so almost all selections for the index require an additional selection of one of the copies.

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 29, 2006 03:20 PM UTC

Hi Bill, this is odd and I am not sure how that can happen. Can you go to the folder C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.2.0.x\Help and run these batch files? UnregisterOldCollection.bat UnregisterCollection.bat RegisterCollection.bat If the problem exists even after running the scripts try running Namespace.exe from that same folder. The Syncfusion tree in namespace.exe should look as follows: htmlhelp.gif If there are multiple syncfusion folder or if the syncfusion folder looks different you can delete it and then run registercollection again. Thanks, Stefan

BL Bill Langlais June 29, 2006 10:54 PM UTC

Hi, I will try all that. Also I am having a license problem and I think they are going to give me a new key and have me uninstall which may superceed doing this. One other thing, I have both VS 2003 and VS 2005 installed. Could that have cause this? >Hi Bill, > >this is odd and I am not sure how that can happen. > >Can you go to the folder > >C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.2.0.x\Help > >and run these batch files? > >UnregisterOldCollection.bat >UnregisterCollection.bat >RegisterCollection.bat > >If the problem exists even after running the scripts try running Namespace.exe from that same folder. > >The Syncfusion tree in namespace.exe should look as follows: > >htmlhelp.gif > >If there are multiple syncfusion folder or if the syncfusion folder looks different you can delete it and then run registercollection again. > >Thanks, >Stefan >

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon