We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Release application

Every application compiled on my Computer can not be invoked on other computer on which Syncfusion is not installed. I made new simple project to show my problem. ExecTest just one button and one editControl of Syncfusion. It just shows Exception window, as soon as I start the application on the computer without Syncfusion. I just added the editcontrol of syncfusion to the form without any coding. "Exception_002.jpg" is the exception popup. Windows XP korean version. What should I do.. I ''d like to release my application. Please help me. Compiler : Visual Studio 2003 Syncfusion Version : 4.1.0.51

ExecTest.zip

3 Replies

SG Sean Greer June 22, 2006 04:37 PM UTC

[Disclaimer: I don''t work for Syncfusion.] You need to include the Syncfusion component DLLs that you are referencing. These need to be placed in either the application directory or in the GAC.

NR Nandakumar R Syncfusion Team June 22, 2006 07:12 PM UTC

Hi Jeong, As Sean have mentioned in the previous post, you need to copy all the Syncfusion dlls to the output folder inorder to deploy the application using the Syncfusion controls to a machine with no Syncfusion installed. Please follow the things shown below for this. 1) Remove all the unwanted files in the project folder( bin folder, obj folder, *.csproj.bak, *.csproj.user, *.suo, *.sln. These files will be generated by default once you compile a project for the next time.) 2) Open the project. In the Explorer tab, select all the Syncfusion assembly references and then change their CopyLocal property to true. Please refer the attached image (CopyLocal.gif). Then build the project. You may see that the Syncfusion assemblies will be copied to the output folder where the executable resides. You can copy the executable with the assemblies to the machine without Syncfusion installed and try running the application. Please be sure that the Syncfusion assemblies are in the same folder as the executable or in the GAC in the client machine. Please try this and let us know if this helps. Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Nanda CopyLocal.zip

JY Jeong-Seok Yang June 23, 2006 11:14 AM UTC

I followed as you said above. dlls were copied to the excutable directory and It works well. Thank you.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon