We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Bug in SyncFusion 4.1

We recently ported our winform based app to VS 2005 & .NET 2.0. And intermittenly we see the attached error message popping up. Regards Yogi

error34.zip

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 21, 2006 09:31 PM UTC

Hi Yogi, I assume you are using mutliple thread. If so please check this KB article. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/article.aspx?id=572 Any calls into the grid must be done on the thread that creates it, and you can use grid.InvokeRequired to check for this. On looking at our Direct-Trac history many customers have reported it due to threading problems. Sometimes threading causes unexpected behaviors. Can you please make sure that it is on the same thread? Here is a sample. Let me know if this helps. Best regards, Haneef

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 22, 2006 12:13 PM UTC

Haneef, Tks for the reply. We are very much knowledgable about UI multi-threading issues, so the below call is made on the GUI Thread. We haven''t faced such issues in Syncfusion 3.0, its a straight forward porting to 4.1 with no change in our code. Unfortunately this error pops up intermittently so there is no way that we can easily reproduce this problem. Please advise.. >Hi Yogi, > >I assume you are using mutliple thread. If so please check this KB article. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/article.aspx?id=572 > >Any calls into the grid must be done on the thread that creates it, and you can use grid.InvokeRequired to check for this. On looking at our Direct-Trac history many customers have reported it due to threading problems. Sometimes threading causes unexpected behaviors. Can you please make sure that it is on the same thread? > >Here is a sample. > >Let me know if this helps. >Best regards, >Haneef

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 22, 2006 08:54 PM UTC

Hi Yogi, Setting the UseListChangedEvent property to true will avoid the mentioned issue. this.gridDataBoundGrid1.UseListChangedEvent = true; Let me know if you need any further assistance. Best Regards, Haneef

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 23, 2006 01:49 PM UTC

It is set to true and we still get that error. Please find the attached grid code we use. Please note it is a Hierarchial Grid Databound. >Hi Yogi, > >Setting the UseListChangedEvent property to true will avoid the mentioned issue. > >this.gridDataBoundGrid1.UseListChangedEvent = true; > >Let me know if you need any further assistance. > >Best Regards, >Haneef

code6.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon