We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GGC row select & click event

I have a GGC with the datasource bound to a datatable. When the user doubleclicks on a row I want to catch that event and open another form based on the data in that row. How can I do this? Thanks, Rich

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 21, 2006 04:26 PM UTC

Hi Rich, To get the record from the parent node of the double click cell, you need to handle the TableControlCurrentCellControlDoubleClick event. Here is a code snippet. private void gridGroupingControl1_TableControlCurrentCellControlDoubleClick(object sender, GridTableControlControlEventArgs e) { GridCurrentCell cc = e.TableControl.CurrentCell; GridTableCellStyleInfo style = e.TableControl.Model[cc.RowIndex, cc.ColIndex]; GridRecord rec = style.TableCellIdentity.DisplayElement.ParentTable.CurrentRecord as GridRecord; if(rec != null) { object o = rec.GetData();//retrieves the object in the row //if you are using DataTables, you can cast it to a DataView Console.WriteLine(((DataRowView)o)[1]); // 2nd col in dataview //Form the Open Here } } Please let me know if this helps. Best Regards, Haneef

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 22, 2006 08:33 PM UTC

Hi Haneef, So I need to reference Syncfusion.Web.UI.WebControls.Grid.Grouping to use this, right? >Hi Rich, > >To get the record from the parent node of the double click cell, you need to handle the TableControlCurrentCellControlDoubleClick event. Here is a code snippet. > >private void gridGroupingControl1_TableControlCurrentCellControlDoubleClick(object sender, GridTableControlControlEventArgs e) >{ > GridCurrentCell cc = e.TableControl.CurrentCell; > GridTableCellStyleInfo style = e.TableControl.Model[cc.RowIndex, cc.ColIndex]; > GridRecord rec = style.TableCellIdentity.DisplayElement.ParentTable.CurrentRecord as GridRecord; > if(rec != null) > { > object o = rec.GetData();//retrieves the object in the row > //if you are using DataTables, you can cast it to a DataView > Console.WriteLine(((DataRowView)o)[1]); // 2nd col in dataview > //Form the Open Here > } >} > >Please let me know if this helps. >Best Regards, >Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon