We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

chart legend

Hi, I dont want to construct a legend for my chart series. Is it possible to do that. I dont want to use this.chartControl1.Legend.Visible = false; to hide the legends. Because, it takes long time to construct chart if we have more series (for eg: 6000) and its throwing "Error in Windows handle" from at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Chart.LegendItem..ctor(ChartSeries series, ChartLegendRepresentationType reprType, Boolean is3D) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Chart.ChartLegend.AllItems() at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Chart.ChartLegend.AutoSize(Rectangle rect) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Chart.ChartLegend.AutoLocation(Rectangle rect) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Chart.ChartControl.RecalculateSizes() at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Chart.ChartControl.Redraw(Boolean update) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Chart.ChartControl.OnSizeChanged(EventArgs e) Expecting reply ASAP. Thanks, dms

11 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 21, 2006 01:37 PM UTC

Hi, It is not possible now, but you can break Legend Items by using Legend_FilterItem Event in chartControl. The following code snippet illustrate this. private void chartControl1_Legend_FilterItems(object sender, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Chart.ChartLegendFilterItemsEventArgs e) { e.Items.Clear(); } The above method helps to break all items in the Legend and also create an Empty legend.Please let me know if this helps you. Thanks for using Syncfusion product. Regards, F.Rashidha

DM dms June 21, 2006 09:51 PM UTC

Hi, Is it possible to override ChartLegend class. regards dms >Hi, > >I dont want to construct a legend for my chart series. > >Is it possible to do that. > >I dont want to use >this.chartControl1.Legend.Visible = false; to hide the legends. > >Because, it takes long time to construct chart if we have more series (for eg: 6000) and its throwing "Error in Windows handle" from > >at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Chart.LegendItem..ctor(ChartSeries series, ChartLegendRepresentationType reprType, Boolean is3D) > at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Chart.ChartLegend.AllItems() > at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Chart.ChartLegend.AutoSize(Rectangle rect) > at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Chart.ChartLegend.AutoLocation(Rectangle rect) > at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Chart.ChartControl.RecalculateSizes() > at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Chart.ChartControl.Redraw(Boolean update) > at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Chart.ChartControl.OnSizeChanged(EventArgs e) > > >Expecting reply ASAP. > >Thanks, >dms >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 22, 2006 02:54 PM UTC

Hi, Yes, Is it possible to override ChartLegend class. Please take a look at the attached sample and dlls , its also avoid the "Error in Windows handle" problem in your sample. Let me know if this helps you. Thanks for using Syncfusion product. Regards, F.Rashidha

4.201.0.37.zip

DM dms June 22, 2006 05:31 PM UTC

Hi, I am using 3.3.0.11 of Syncfusion. I have tried to compile your sample code with the your Syncfusion dlls (Syncfusion.Chart.Base.dll and Syncfusion.Chart.Windows.dll version 4.201.0.37) and giving compilation error. Error is "The type or namespace name ''ChartControlExt'' could not be found". When I tried to compile the code with ChartControl instead of ChartControlExt, it was giving the following exception. Unhandled Exception: System.TypeLoadException: Method get_ChartInterior in type Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Chart.ChartControl from assembly Syncfusion.Chart.Windows, Version=4.201.0.37, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89 does not have an implementation. Is it possible to override ChartLegend with syncfusion 3.3.0.11. Regards, dms >Hi, > >Yes, Is it possible to override ChartLegend class. > >Please take a look at the attached sample and dlls , its also avoid the "Error in Windows handle" problem in your sample. > >Let me know if this helps you. > >Thanks for using Syncfusion product. > >Regards, >F.Rashidha

4.201.0.37.zip

DM dms June 22, 2006 06:01 PM UTC

Hi Rashidha, I am able to compile and getting the typeload exception while running the exe. Unhandled Exception: System.TypeLoadException: Method get_ChartInterior in type Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Chart.ChartControl from assembly Syncfusion.Chart.Windows, Version=4.201.0.37, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89 does not have an implementation. Thanks, dms >Hi, > >I am using 3.3.0.11 of Syncfusion. > >I have tried to compile your sample code with the your Syncfusion dlls (Syncfusion.Chart.Base.dll and Syncfusion.Chart.Windows.dll version 4.201.0.37) and giving compilation error. > >Error is "The type or namespace name ''ChartControlExt'' could not be found". > >When I tried to compile the code with ChartControl instead of ChartControlExt, it was giving the following exception. >Unhandled Exception: System.TypeLoadException: Method get_ChartInterior in type Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Chart.ChartControl from assembly Syncfusion.Chart.Windows, Version=4.201.0.37, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89 does not have an implementation. > >Is it possible to override ChartLegend with syncfusion 3.3.0.11. > >Regards, >dms > > >>Hi, >> >>Yes, Is it possible to override ChartLegend class. >> >>Please take a look at the attached sample and dlls , its also avoid the "Error in Windows handle" problem in your sample. >> >>Let me know if this helps you. >> >>Thanks for using Syncfusion product. >> >>Regards, >>F.Rashidha

4.201.0.37.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 18, 2006 09:30 AM UTC

Hi, This will generate legends while construction and will be cleared when chartControl1_Legend_FilterItems event is fired. But this will be a big performance issue when we have breakdowns of 100. When it will be implemented and let us know the availability of patch for this issue ASAP. Thanks, Mohan >Hi, > >It is not possible now, but you can break Legend Items by using Legend_FilterItem Event in chartControl. > >The following code snippet illustrate this. > >private void chartControl1_Legend_FilterItems(object sender, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Chart.ChartLegendFilterItemsEventArgs e) >{ >e.Items.Clear(); >} > >The above method helps to break all items in the Legend and also create an Empty legend.Please let me know if this helps you. > >Thanks for using Syncfusion product. > >Regards, >F.Rashidha

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 18, 2006 12:33 PM UTC

Hi Mohan, We feel sorry for the inconvenience caused. Our Chart Development team already working on this with topmost priority. We will update you soon once this feature is implemented. Thank you for your patience. Regards, Jaya

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 19, 2006 03:57 AM UTC

Hi Jaya, This is one of the big performance issue in our product and it is esculated to the top management. we are really fedup and looking for a patch for this performance issue. Looking forward for a patch at the earliest. Thanks, Mohan >Hi Mohan, > >We feel sorry for the inconvenience caused. Our Chart Development team already working on this with topmost priority. We will update you soon once this feature is implemented. > >Thank you for your patience. > >Regards, > >Jaya >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 8, 2006 07:42 AM UTC

Hi Mohan ,

We apologize very much for the delay in updating you. We created a bug report #2423 on this regard with topmost priority and the patch will be available within this week.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Jaya

MM Michael Muehl August 15, 2007 02:31 PM UTC

Hello,

I am also hiding the chart legend in favor of using my own (I'm using a GridControl elsewhere in my form as my legend). I would love to know the status of this patch and how I might also improve my chart control's performance by disabling the chart's legend since I'm not using it.

Michael

J. J.Nagarajan Syncfusion Team August 20, 2007 09:47 PM UTC

Hi Michael,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please create a Direct-Trac incident (mention the forum link in the subject line). We believe that source level changes are needed to resolve this issue. This issue is therefore being escalated to our development team for review. They will provide the patch including this fix at the earliest.

THanks for your patience.

Regards,
Nagaraj

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon