We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

RowHeaders grid properties

Hey I think I have found a little quirk in going from 3110 to 4.2 of the grid. On one of our grids in 3110 we had changed the RowHeader grid property from true to false. After upgrading to 4.2 of the grid we now see that it changed that property back to true which is the default. We only have one form that this was a problem on so we just changed it back to false. Is this a bug? Just thought I would let you know so if it is you can fix it in a future release. Thanks Phil

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 21, 2006 07:00 PM UTC

Hi Philip, We tried to reproduce this issue in 3.0.1.0/3.2.1.0 to 4.2 with .Net 2003+Windows XP sp2, but could not get this issue. Maybe I am not following the steps that you are doing. Attached sample working fine here. Can you post a small sample showing this problem or tell us how to see it in the Attached sample? Sample in 3.0.1.0: WindowsApplication211.zip Sample in 4.2 ( Upgrade from 3.0.1.0) : WindowsApplication211.zip Please let me know the version number of Studio you are testing this with and the .Net version. Thanks for your patience. Regards, Haneef

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 22, 2006 03:06 PM UTC

I think I left out of step of what we did. We had a VS2003 app with 3110 that we released to our clients. That version had the grid property "Properties" and then "RowHeaders" was changed to false. Once we got the final 4.2 we then installed that. Next we opened our 3110 app and deleted the references and added the new 4.2 references. After that is when we noticed that the grid property "Properties" and then "RowHeaders" had been changed back to true. This was set in the designer, not in the code. I was going to send a sample but I cant make an app in 3110 anymore since we uninstalled it to go to 4.2. This is what I would try to reproduce it. Make an app with the 3010 you have. Add a grid. Change that property to false. Then install 4.2 on that machine. Open your app and delete the old references and then add the new references to your project. Then go check and see if that property was set back. Let me know if that works for you. I can put that old version back on a test machine and try to get you a sample. I''ve attached a screen print with the property circled that I am talking about.

rowheadersproperties.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 22, 2006 06:02 PM UTC

Hi Philip, We haven''t seen the Rowheader designer problem of "XP SP2 +VS 2003 version + Essential Studio 4.2.". We have installed the Essentail Studio many time , but we haven''t reproduce the issue in my house installation. If you give more information about this issue, we will try debugging here. Let me know if i am missing something. Best Regards, Haneef

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 23, 2006 01:09 PM UTC

The only thing diff you listed then what I have is I am using windows 2000 sp4. I cant imagine that making a difference. It''s not a huge deal as it was only one form but I thought others might of had the same issues.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 23, 2006 09:37 PM UTC

Hi Philip, We are currently looking into this issue and will update you the details. Thanks for your patience. Best Regards, Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon