We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Unable to Debug

Hi I have Syncfusion suite 2.1.0.9 version. I added Syncfusion.grid Project to my Solution and not able to debug syncfusion code. can u please tell me, is there any settings to be changed to debug the code.I tried with assembly manager, Its throwing an exception. please check the attachment. Thanks, Jyothi.

7 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 20, 2006 04:00 PM UTC

Hi Jyothi, a) You need to have the source code version of Essential Grid installed on your machine. The source code is installed in the src directory (\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Suite\2.1.0.9\Windows\Tools.Windows\Src for example). b) Run the Assembly Manager from the Start Menu (Start->Programs->Syncfusion->Essential Suite 2.1.0.9->Utilities->Assembly Manager) and choose Debug to build the debug version of the Syncfusion assemblies. The Assembly Manager will put the debug version of the assemblies in the Syncfusion public assemblies folder (usyually C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Suite\Assemblies) and the GAC. You should now be able to debug into Syncfusion code. You can switch back to the pre-built release version of the assemblies by running the Assembly Manager. After running the AssemblyManager in the ''User Debug'' mode, go to the code where you would want to step through and run the project. The complete iteration of the project can be seen which are using the Syncfusion controls after you have laid the break point. Let me know if this helps, Best Regards, Haneef

JY Jyothirmai Yepuri June 21, 2006 04:37 AM UTC

Hi Haneef, I dont have Windows folder in this path ProgramFiles\Syncfusion\2.1.0.9\ when i used Assembly manager , This error is coming There was an error updating Syncfusion.Grid.dll.Please close any process that may be using the assembly. Thanks, Jyothi

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 21, 2006 10:35 PM UTC

Hi Jyothi, Are you using Syncfusion.Grid.dll in your running application? If so, you need to close the all of your application and then run the Assembly Manager from the Start Menu (Start->Programs->Syncfusion->Essential Suite 2.1.0.9->Utilities->Assembly Manager) and choose Debug to build the debug version of the Syncfusion assemblies. Let me know if this helps. Best Regards, Haneef

JY Jyothirmai Yepuri June 23, 2006 07:13 AM UTC

Hi Haneef, I have closed my application then ran assembly manager.then also i got same problem Thanks Jyothi

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 23, 2006 09:12 PM UTC

Hi Jyothi, Try setting the font of the header cell in prepareviewStyleInfo event. Here is a code snippet. private void gridControl1_PrepareViewStyleInfo(object sender, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridPrepareViewStyleInfoEventArgs e) { if( e.RowIndex == 0 || e.ColIndex == 0) { e.Style.Font = new GridFontInfo(new Font("Arial",20f)); } } Let me know if this helps. Best Regards, Haneef

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 23, 2006 09:18 PM UTC

Hi Jyothi, Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please ignore the previous post. We are currently looking into this issue and will update you the details soon. Thanks for your patience. Best Regards, Haneef

NR Nandakumar R Syncfusion Team June 23, 2006 11:53 PM UTC

Hi Jyothi, Please try the following (I assume that you are using VS2003 - .NET Framework 1.1), 1) Rename the C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Suite\Assemblies folder, if found. This will avoid the false pickup of assemblies. Hereafter the project reference assemblies will be picked from the public assemblies(C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies) folder alone. 2) Copy the prebuilt Syncfusion assemblies from C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Suite\2.1.0.9\PreCompiledAssemblies\2.1.0.9\1.1 folder to the public assemblies folder. Drag and drop the assemblies from there in to the GAC(C:\Windows\Assembly). 3) You have sucessfully set your system for the Syncfusion version 2.1.0.9. Now inorder to step into the source(for Grid), you have to compile the Syncfusion.Shared and Syncfusion.Grid source. 4) Open the shared source from here C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Suite\2.1.0.9\Shared\Src\Syncfusion.Shared.csproj in VS2003 and then build it. Copy the Syncfusion.Shared.dll from the output directory to a temp folder (say, C:\temp). 5) Open the Grid source from here C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Suite\2.1.0.9\Grid\Src\Syncfusion.Grid.csproj in VS2003 and then build it. Copy the Syncfusion.Grid.dll from the output folder to the temp folder. 6) Copy the dlls from the temp folder to the public assemblies folder(delete the old ones, these new dlls will step in to the source code). Then drag and drop them from there, in to the GAC. Please check that the Path of the Syncfusion assemblies referenced in your application project is the public assemblies folder. 7) You can continue debugging in to the source code step by step by running the project using the F11 key. Please try this and let me know if this helps. Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Essential Studio. Regards, Nanda

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon