We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Refresh CallbackPanel during PostBack

Is there a way to refresh controls contained within a callback panel during a normal postback. I have setup a grouping grid, based on the Outlook code sample and while the Callback panel refreshes correctly during and ajax callback, I can not refresh the controls if they need to be changed during a postback. 2 Cases: 1. When paging the preview area does not refresh. 2. Users can change their grouping options, and when doing so the preview area does not refresh Here are the relavent code segments from my page

GridGrouping0.zip

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 20, 2006 05:09 PM UTC

Hi Patrick, I started trying in a sample and I am not sure I understand, You stated that in callback mode everything works fine for you and do you have trouble only when using the grid in postback mode? I am not sure how you enabled both callback and postback for the grid at the same time. Are you are encountering issues in updating the preview table while the grid is in callback mode and when you try paging and grouping. Can you please send us more info so that it would help us to create a sample. Thanks, A.Sivakumar

PH Patrick Hampton July 10, 2006 05:49 PM UTC

I included sample source code in my original post, but here is a summary of what I have on my page. I have three controls on my page: a set of radio buttons that allow the user to change how the grid is grouped, the grid itself, and a callback panel that contains other controls that give details about the selected record in the grid. When the user selects a radio button a postback occurs and I have code that changes the grouping options on the grid. As a result of either the postback or of the regrouping of the recrords, the selectedRecordsChanged event fires. I have code in this even handler that tries to update the controls in the callback panel via a CallbackMultiplexer. However, the ControlsToRefresh object of the CallbackMultiplexer is null when the selectedRecordsChanged event fires as a result of the radio button selection. As a result I can not add the CallbackPanel to the CallbackMultiplexer, preventing me from updating the controls on that panel during this action.

PH Patrick Hampton July 10, 2006 07:47 PM UTC

To expand on my previous post, I see the same behavior while paging the grid and while changing the sort column on the grid in that ControlsToRefresh is null in CallbackMultiplexer and I can not refresh the controls in the CallbackPanel

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 10, 2006 11:39 PM UTC

Hi Patrick, We are looking in to this and will get back to you as soon as possible Thanks, A.Sivakumar

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 12, 2006 05:04 PM UTC

Hi Patrick, I am not sure I understand still. I tried to see the issue with a small sampleAttached is a sample F45327.zip //Specifies the connection information to the OleDbConnection. strConnection = @"Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" + MapPath("\\Syncfusion\\Web\\Data\\OutlookMdb.mdb");/ Do you see the problem in this sample too? Can you help us reproduce the issue with a sample? >>> Thanks, A.Sivakumar

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon