We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Docking Manager 3.3 to 4.2 - Huge Improvement

I pitched a fit about a wide variety of serious problems concerning the Docking Manager back in the 3.3+ days. It was so bad that we had to switch to a competitor for awhile. I downloaded and incorporated the 4.2 version in our vs.net 2005 windows forms application. What an enormous improvement. I''ve yet to see it behave improperly and the user experience is much, much better. Nice job. I did see a small quirk. If you load up a couple of usercontrols, dock them, and then apply a previous layout with these two controls, the docking labels are overwritten. I believe this to be a catch 22. the layout is designed to return the windows to their saved state in their entirety. So, I''m pretty sure this is works as designed. You may want to consider an overload to prevent certain aspects from being either saved or loaded.

1 Reply

JK Joy K George Syncfusion Team June 17, 2006 08:00 AM UTC

Hi Robbe, We are storing the docklabel along with the other properties of docked controls.So it will overwrite when you load a dockstate. If you dont want to store the docklabel in dockstream we are ready to consider this as a feature request.Please let us know ,if you really need this. Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. Regards, Joy

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon