We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Grouping Grid Collapse/Expand

Hi, In our application, we are using Grouping grid. We have one requirement of making few controls disabled/enabled when all the groups are collapsed/expanded in the Grouping Grid. When the user clicks on "+" or "-" buttons in the grid, this needs to be handled. Which event can be used? Regards, Prathima.

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 16, 2006 06:51 AM UTC

Hi Prathima, You can use the following event for detecting the group state when the +/- button clicked. Please find event the description below: GroupExpanding Event - Occurs before a group is expanded. GroupExpanded Event - Occurs after a group is expanded. GroupCollapsing Event - Occurs before a group is collapsed. GroupCollapsed Event - Occurs after a group is collapsed. Best Regards, Haneef

FM Faisal Mohammad June 27, 2006 07:34 PM UTC

I am trying to make the ''+'' work for expanding a group, but for some reason, the event does not get fired. Any thoughts on that ? >Hi, > >In our application, we are using Grouping grid. We have one requirement of making few controls disabled/enabled when all the groups are collapsed/expanded in the Grouping Grid. When the user clicks on "+" or "-" buttons in the grid, this needs to be handled. Which event can be used? > >Regards, >Prathima.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 27, 2006 07:56 PM UTC

Hi Faisal, I have tested this issue by creating a sample using GridControl in v.4.1 and then again tested by upgrading to 4.2. I was not able to reproduce the issue. Maybe I am not following the steps that you are doing. Attached sample working fine here. If you can provide more information, we can try to suggest some solution. Here is a sample. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/GroupTable_b858bb6b.zip Could you please run this at your end and let me know how it goes? Let me know if this helps. Best Regards, Haneef Note : If you click the Record(+/-) button, Record related event only fires. You can use the following event for detecting the Record state when the +/- button clicked. Please find event the description below: RecordExpanding Event - Occurs before a record is expanded. RecordExpanded Event - Occurs after a record is expanded. RecordCollapsing Event - Occurs before a record is collapsed. RecordCollapsed Event - Occurs after a record is collapsed.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon