We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

4.2 GGC ColumnDescriptor Designer bug

Just upgraded to 4.2. While defining a ColumnDescriptor in the designer I get an exception. Please try to reproduce the folowwing steps: 1. Drop GGC on the Form. 2. TableDescriptor->Columns 3. Type mapping name and set AllowFilter=True 4. Click OK System.NullReference exception is displayed in the GGC placeholder. Thank you

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 16, 2006 05:06 AM UTC

Hi, Because of the dynamic / late binding characteristics of the engine it is sometimes really hard to track down where you might have misspelled a mapping-name(Name). Access of the ColumnDescriptorCollection can be triggered by various methods within the library itself. The warning will help you if you have trouble with the column descriptor. But the warning might also be no issue at all, e.g. if you set the MappingName of the columnDescriptor later or if you add the Field becomes added later (e.g. if DataSource is set later than the ColumnDescriptor was accessed ). Note : To resolve this issue, you MUST set the datasource property of the grid before accesing the ColumnDescriptor. Let me know if you need any further assistance. Best Regards, Haneef

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 27, 2006 06:25 PM UTC

I''m "accessing" column descriptor through a designer! I also do not use either strongly typed datasets or custom collections - so I can not set the datasource in advance. All I do is setting a mapping name and allowing filter on a columndescriptor. This used to work in 4.1 with no problems. Please reproduce the steps I have described and you will see what the the problem is. Thank you

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 27, 2006 08:47 PM UTC

Hi, We are currently looking into this issue and will update you the details. Thanks for your patience. Best Regards, Haneef

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 28, 2006 07:49 PM UTC

Hi, We regret very much for the inconvienience caused. I was able to reproduce the issue as you said. I have logged a bug report in our Defect Management System regarding this and we will try our very best to fix this issue at the earliest. You can track the progress of bug fix through the below given link. http://www.syncfusion.com/support/issues/grid/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=2302 Thanks for your patience. Best Regards, Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon