We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on : Nov 16th 2018).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

VLOOKUP formula errors

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

45160 Jun 13,2006 02:15 PM UTC Jun 19,2006 04:31 PM UTC WinForms 3
Tags: XlsIO
Administrator [Syncfusion]
Asked On June 13, 2006 02:15 PM UTC

Hi, Does anyone have an working example of using VLOOKUP through XlsIO? I am trying a simple lookup of full names in an external worksheet, based on mnemonics from my worksheet like this: range = worksheet.Range[rowNum, colNum]; formula = @"VLOOKUP(R1C1,''D:\[CustomerMaster.xls]Sheet1''!$C:$D,2,FALSE)"; range.FormulaR1C1 = formula; I get an error to this effect: Can''t parse formula: ''D:\[CustomerMaster.xls]Sheet1''!$C:$D Excel Binary workbook was not saved. Object can not be disposed. Save workbook or set property ThrowNotSavedOnDestoy to false. Unhandled Exception: Syncfusion.XlsIO.ExcelWorkbookNotSavedException: Excel Binary workbook was not saved. Object can not be disposed. Save workbook or set property ThrowNotSavedOnDestoy to false. at Syncfusion.XlsIO.ExcelEngine.Dispose() at Syncfusion.XlsIO.ExcelEngine.Finalize() Thanks for any suggestions, Leo

Replied On June 14, 2006 04:13 PM UTC

Hi Leo, Use the following code for the VLookup Function in XlsIO. //Setting the VLOOKUP Formula. sheet.Range["A28"].Formula="VLOOKUP(A12,A10:B26,2,FALSE)"; Here is the sample for your reference:Vlookup.zip Please let me if you need any further assistance. BestRegards, Bharath

Replied On June 15, 2006 03:12 PM UTC

Hi Bharath, Your example works as it is, but fails when trying to lookup values from an external file rather than from whitin the current workbook. I simply saved the generated Sample.xls as External.xls and changed the formula in your example like this: //sheet.Range["A28"].Formula="VLOOKUP(A12,A10:B26,2,FALSE)"; sheet.Range["A28"].Formula=@"=VLOOKUP(A12,''C:\Temp\vlookup\Vlookup\bin\Debug\[External.xls]Sheet1''!$A$10:$B$26,2,FALSE)"; When the execution reaches the above line, I get the following error: An unhandled exception of type ''System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException'' occurred in syncfusion.xlsio.base.dll Additional information: Length cannot be less than zero. Any idea? Am I not specifying the formula the way XlsIO wants it? Thanks, Leo

Replied On June 19, 2006 04:31 PM UTC

Hi Leo, Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Currently we dont support link to the external sheet. so I have created a feature request with the development team. http://www.syncfusion.com/support/features/xlsio/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=929 I will update you as soon as an estimate is available. Thanks, Bharath

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;